Mecha Rp for the future

cameroth

First Post
for those who are playing, here is the current power tier, 1 being the best and 13 being the worst..regardless, all mecha pilots still have to fight thier way to the city..immortals are #1...then psions are #2 and deathguard are #3..valkyre are #4..gun griffons are #5..steel wolf is #6..steel batallion is #7..metal wraiths are #8..steel prophets are #9..fallen angels are #10..red march is #11..iron maidens are #12 and metal men are #13..clan dessies will be posted as soon as possible

Babylon Logos

First Post
What about the mechs. I understand that they're more Anime based. But are we looking Gundamesque, Generic Mobile Suit . . . Arm Slave (Full Metal Panic), or even Veritech Valkyrie (Macross) with Mechmorphing capabilities (Tri-form Humaniod [Battlriod], Squatset [Gerwalk] and fighter plane/tank [Valkryie]) the general humaniod types, or will there be a large mix of Humaniods and squat-sets like in BattleTech. And more importantly, the weaknesses of the mechs, will there be universal weaknesses such as in BattleTech where the back armor of the Mechs, is the thinnest point, and easily piercable via low-powered guass rifle, let alone an STS Missile Volley. And what of jump capability, will the mechs have low-powered boosters (JumpJets) or will they only be able to hover-strafe and slow rise with a VTOL system. And what about small-size, will there be warriors akin to the Elemental from BattleTech, in where five Elementals roughly equates to a small to medium Mech, or the Cyclone Battle Armor from Macross, which is roughly a three to one power ratio to the Valkryies.

My biggest question though is pilot organization. Obviously, these clans will have some sort of military government. But at the lowest point how are the mech warriors going to be organized? Five man-stars, four man Lances, single person points. And in the case of say a Five man Star set up will the mechs in the star all be the same type of mech, will there be say a stalker star made of low armor, low weapon high speed mech or an Assult star made of the larger heavy arsonal all but stationary squat-set mechs that only really manage to hit behind them by having a swivel base at the torso. Or will the "star" be a mix-and mash with a high speed mech, a couple small-size, a big hitting walking weapon platform akin to the BattleTech Timberwolf (Sorry, I'm a Clan fan in BattleTech).

Further, what kind of cloaking technology is going to be availible to the Mechs, will it be a full cloak, or will hiding be based on the mech being powered down and having the right paint job for the battleground.

What sort of power-generators will the mechs have? Fusion Reactors, what, the type of power core these runs on will really tell you what happens when that core gets hit, and how hard the Mechs can be pushed. I mean, overheat a Fusion or Fission reactor and boom, you're a toasted pilot.

I know I may seem over-whelming, but it is better to have all this answered now and have strict guidelines in place before hand than to have someone do something naughty.

Mystearia

First Post
ok... the types of mechs one would use depend upon two things... personal preference and the clan the player wishes to be a part of. in regards to preference.. it doesn't matter what the mechs look like, in regards to the clans, i'm working on the dessies for the clans, right now i have four of the 13 dessies done.
each clan has access to different technologies and each clan has different strengths and weaknesses. i'll use the death guard as an example. the death guard has balanced parameters but is a mostly long range fighter. therefore it's armor wouldnt be very useful against a closer range attack. in another respect, i'm baseing the dessie of each clan off it's first member, while the planet is in a post apocalyptic state there are bases for each clan all over the planet. (also if you tell me your mech and pick a clan i'll write a dessy based on your mech if you are the first member, but as before there are exceptions to each clan except the clan bonuses and drawbacks.) also the oragization of the clans pilots should be agreed upon by the members of that clan. i can't decide cause at this point there are only four clans with members, as for the individual mechs each person will have different types but the clans serve as basic outlines for the creation of more in that clan.
the generators for each clan depend on their parameters. cloaking tech is available to all clans and their members. also on a note none of the clans can have mechs larger than huge in size at this early stage in the plot, partally due to the fact that walking weapon platforms would be more than the average power suit or even huge mech could take on even with a five person squad. please if you want the biggest mech you can just keep it under 33 ft tall.

Last edited:

cameroth

First Post
yes, it is true that the mechs are more anime stylized. whatever mecha anime you have seen, it is virtually possible to have the same kind of mecha in our storyline. All mecha do require pilots in out storyline however. Nurolinks are allowed, the linking of man and machine by a cerebral connection or even body links are possible, having connections that attach to the pilots body and they operate the mecha that way. Core reactors for most mecha tend to usually be fusion reactors. For our storyline, fusion..nuclear..plasma..fuel..and hydro electric engines are possible..later technologies will be available at a future time. Reagardless of you power core, everyones power core is shielded and therefore needs to be hit 5 times before the power core itself explodes.
Each clans make up of mecha is totally up to those in the clan..you can have nothing but big mecha.small mecha or a mix of various sizes and types, its all up to the clan..one thing that needs to be adressed and is a basic requirement for the battles is the dice roller..make sure u have it and it works..we were play testing a three mecha battle and one of the players couldnt get the dice roller to pop up. We arent exactly sure why, but maybe one of the Magi might know. the dice roller is more visible if u log on with the low res pop up window. another thing i dont think i explained enough, is damage and evasion. A mech shoots..say it shoots five missiles(which five is the magic number for any weapon system)..you put 5 in the # slot and then 20 in the die slot..click and it rolls. when shooting, the only thing your target has to do to avoid, dodge or evade your attacks is roll numbers that are higher than yours. Losing parts is also an issue we discussed. All shots fired must be called as to where they are going to hit, that way the target knows whats been destroyed off of thier mecha if they do recieve a hit..rolls of 19 or 20 are critical hits and automatically cause that part to explode or become useless unless the target avoids the attack..i hope i answered your questions, anyone who has more, just send em and i will try and adress the issues..also pop in when u see G.F.X.-Xion or Reeyana on..usually we will be doing some play testing of our storyline and you can see first hand how it works..thanks guys

Mystearia

First Post
i'll post the dessies i have. in each dessy is the basics, mech types, mech sizes, the rank i gave them, the clan leader, the base of operations, the standard weapon for all units in the clan(exceptions are possible), and the current members.

Death Guard- Mecha types ,balanced, Long Range. Sizes, power suits to huge mechs 5 to 32ft tall. rank on the teir 12. leader Callus drengar. base of ops Old Russia. Standard wepon for all units is the talon missile launcher. members Xion

VALKYRE -Mecha types, Balanced, Specialty(ground). Sizes, large to huge mechas 8 to 32ft tall. Rank on the teir 11. leader Veshan Dexus. Base of ops Germany. standard weapon for all units is the high powered machine rifle. members Mocabre U04

FALLEN ANGELS- Mecha types, unbalanced(high atk low def), long range. sizes powered suits to large mechs 5 to 16ft tall. Rank on the teir 13. leader Dominus Black. Base of ops Austrailia. standard weapon for all units is the Sniper rifle. members ornamentum

GUN GRIFFONS-Mecha types, unbalanced(high attack), specialty(boosters). Sizes,powered suits to huge mechs 5 to 32ft tall. Rank on the teir 9. leader Gaza Plex, base of ops South America. standard weapon for all units is the 155 Howitzer. members G.F.X.

STEEL WOLVES- Mech types, unbalanced(low def high speed), specialty(stealth/recon). Sizes, powered suits to huge mechs 5 to 32ft tall. Rank on teir 10. Leader Zendri Alpha. Base of ops Ireland. standard equipment for all units is the Gauss rifle(depleted uranium rounds)+cloaking device. Members Babylon Logos

Mystearia

First Post
Ok people.. the playtesting is over.. time to actually start the mech RP.. we have five clans and thats a good start... the five all have at least one member now and i hope to get at least four of us together in one room. if all else fails i and G.F.X's player are usually on between 9pm est and 11pm est. if you need anything or want to join or if you have the need to rp a mech please by all means tell us.. ok this will start asap when i get a break from schoolwork which will hopefully be soon

Babylon Logos

First Post
Mystearia said:
Ok people.. the playtesting is over.. time to actually start the mech RP.. we have five clans and thats a good start... the five all have at least one member now and i hope to get at least four of us together in one room. if all else fails i and G.F.X's player are usually on between 9pm est and 11pm est. if you need anything or want to join or if you have the need to rp a mech please by all means tell us.. ok this will start asap when i get a break from schoolwork which will hopefully be soon

Hmm, guess that means I need to bust out a Dessy for Valentina and her mech asap huh?

Mystearia

First Post
naw.. since i don't know if i'll have much time with homework and everything i'll let cameroth decide when to play if im not gonna be on... just check with both of us to see whats going on

I wouldn't mind joining this, since I like things like Gundam, robotech, transformers. And I have a TMP character I'm not really using at the moment, he's set as a mechanic of sorts any way. My issue is time, I live in the US Central time zone and tyically get on LATE at night, like 11pm midnightish. Also where this stuffs being held the fights I mean, I'm guessing on a different page than where TMP is. any way, if there is an email address I can send further questions to, give it to me and we can talk more there, as I'm not often on the message board here.

Remove ads