Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

jaker2003

Explorer
I don't know if anyone touched on this, but a first level character could get a Royal Outfit (200gp) for free as his first outfit, and then swap it out at a tailors shop for a 1gp Traveler's Outfit, and pocket the 99gp profit. (items generally sold for half price)
Right?

Rystil Arden

First Post
jaker2003 said:
I don't know if anyone touched on this, but a first level character could get a Royal Outfit (200gp) for free as his first outfit, and then swap it out at a tailors shop for a 1gp Traveler's Outfit, and pocket the 99gp profit. (items generally sold for half price)
Right?
No.

Rystil Arden

First Post
jaker2003 said:
Please point out the flaws in my reasoning, I really thought someone could pull that off.
Royal Outfit is not on the list of starting clothing you can pick. I think it may not be in the SRD, only in the PH.

Heckler

First Post
jaker2003 said:
Right?
PHB page 131, Clothing

A beginning character is assumed to have an atrisan's, entertainer's, explorer's, monk's, peasant's, scholar's or traveler's outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry.

So, no.

orsal

LEW Judge
Have the various mega-adventure parts ever been approved? I know the only mega-adventure related game I've seen an email for is Bront's tie-in. If the approval requests for principal mega-adventure threads were only sent to those judges not palying in them, couls someone confirm that they have now been approved? And if not, could we get the proposals pronto (now that we know which judges are available to read spoilers for which adventures) so that we can retroactively approve them? (It will be very awkward, at this stage, if any such adventures do not meet with approval.)

And if/when they are approved, we need judges for each of them. I notice that none of them yet has a judge signed up. Rystil, are there cross-adventure spoilers? In other words, should a judge playing a character in Quest X refrain from reading Quest Y? Or is any judge qualified to judge any of the adventures in which (s)he is not playing a character?

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Have the various mega-adventure parts ever been approved? I know the only mega-adventure related game I've seen an email for is Bront's tie-in. If the approval requests for principal mega-adventure threads were only sent to those judges not palying in them, couls someone confirm that they have now been approved? And if not, could we get the proposals pronto (now that we know which judges are available to read spoilers for which adventures) so that we can retroactively approve them? (It will be very awkward, at this stage, if any such adventures do not meet with approval.)

And if/when they are approved, we need judges for each of them. I notice that none of them yet has a judge signed up. Rystil, are there cross-adventure spoilers? In other words, should a judge playing a character in Quest X refrain from reading Quest Y? Or is any judge qualified to judge any of the adventures in which (s)he is not playing a character?
They were approved at least twice by judges who were also privy to the details (some subset of Patlin, Rae, and Bront, possibly all three). Cross-adventure judging is fine, as there will be no major spoilers. Of course, if you want to save the effort, I have thus far never required the services of my adventure judges except to count the number of months at the end and approve GM credits, so you could have just one judge grab them all because of this--I can't possibly see it being a lot of work.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I've seen a vague outline of the mega adventure (in the form of the "Rise of the Lichwyrm FAQ") but I've never really seen an official proposal, as it were. :) A very brief outline of each shard adventure would be appropriate, I think. I know I have yet to submit my shard adventure proposal.

As for judging, I think we should spread the duties out as much as possible. Ideally, separate judges for each adventure. I can do one.

Remove ads