Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I've seen a vague outline of the mega adventure (in the form of the "Rise of the Lichwyrm FAQ") but I've never really seen an official proposal, as it were. :) A very brief outline of each shard adventure would be appropriate, I think. I know I have yet to submit my shard adventure proposal.

As for judging, I think we should spread the duties out as much as possible. Ideally, separate judges for each adventure. I can do one.
The Rise of the Lichwyrm FAQ info was probably the longest and most detailed proposal I've ever given for an adventure. If not you, it was probably Patlin and Bront. Of course, I believe the approval was posted in a thread somewhere (when a similar point was raised earlier) rather than sent via e-mail, so it might be harder to find.

On a related note, Rae, whenever you are ready to GM yours (or give a name), I'll rename the Sylvan Shard thread to that. They've been chatting for the moment.

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Of course, if you want to save the effort, I have thus far never required the services of my adventure judges except to count the number of months at the end and approve GM credits, so you could have just one judge grab them all because of this--I can't possibly see it being a lot of work.

That's typical -- except when a judge quits, there's usually not much work involved, except for having to read (horror of horrors!)

I agree, we shouldn't concentrate duties too much. So, I volunteer to judge the Nocturne adventure -- I've already been reading it, largely out of curiosity to see how things go with Frump. Nurlan would be quite amused if he knew he was a brigand.

Patlin, Bront, could you confirm your approvals for the various adventures? I just want to make sure that signals haven't been crossed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
That's typical -- except when a judge quits, there's usually not much work involved, except for having to read (horror of horrors!)

I agree, we shouldn't concentrate duties too much. So, I volunteer to judge the Nocturne adventure -- I've already been reading it, largely out of curiosity to see how things go with Frump. Nurlan would be quite amused if he knew he was a brigand.

Patlin, Bront, could you confirm your approvals for the various adventures? I just want to make sure that signals haven't been crossed.
I'm pretty sure that we did get the approvals. It's also possible that I remembered wrong. Frankly, I'm feeling a bit of deja vu here--I could swear that the other time it was even the same people who said exactly the same thing, so maybe I was just predicting the future or something? :lol:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
The Rise of the Lichwyrm FAQ info was probably the longest and most detailed proposal I've ever given for an adventure. If not you, it was probably Patlin and Bront. Of course, I believe the approval was posted in a thread somewhere (when a similar point was raised earlier) rather than sent via e-mail, so it might be harder to find.

On a related note, Rae, whenever you are ready to GM yours (or give a name), I'll rename the Sylvan Shard thread to that. They've been chatting for the moment.
Well, you might say I gave my implicit approval by offering to DM one of the adventures myself. ;) I do think that each adventure should be approved individually, though, like is always done with every LEW adventure.

And regarding the Sylvan Shard: Yes, I've been watching. Like I said, I still need to submit by adventure to the judges. Also, I was waiting for you to hand the baton over. Are we both waiting for each other?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Well, you might say I gave my implicit approval by offering to DM one of the adventures myself. ;) I do think that each adventure should be approved individually, though, like is always done with every LEW adventure.

And regarding the Sylvan Shard: Yes, I've been watching. Like I said, I still need to submit by adventure to the judges. Also, I was waiting for you to hand the baton over. Are we both waiting for each other?
I was mostly just waiting for you to say you're ready. Would it be good if I then had Thallirae lead them off to that one place with initials WM? Then you can take over from there. It seemed like as good an intro as any if you didn't have something else in mind.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
That sounds fine. Better than what I had in mind, actually, because my way seemed a bit contrived to be honest. So yes, do that.

InVinoVeritas said:
What info is there about Severus? Which adventures have used Severus? I'm thinking of writing an adventure that involves the city.
A quick search of the LEW Wiki found this article:

http://bluwiki.com/go/Living_ENWorld:Severus

As far as I know, no adventure has actually been run there. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
What info is there about Severus? Which adventures have used Severus? I'm thinking of writing an adventure that involves the city.
Severus has been mentioned in a small number of threads, none of them adventures. In addition to Rae's link above to the wiki, my search finds the following that might have something (namely, aren't link threads):

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=89781&highlight=Severus
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=89777&highlight=Severus
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=124774&highlight=Severus
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=106184&highlight=Severus

There's probably not much extra information in them, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases