Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

B4cchus

Explorer
Bront said:
I know that.

I haven't been able to follow what's happened in the meetings, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I'm also fairly sure I can't run my tie-in adventure at the moment, though that might change later. Got too much stuff going on.

I'm also STILL waiting on approval for Vanitri (Waiting since early December I think).

And how am I supposed to deal with approval for Lex?

I gave approval for Vanatri's level 10 sheet on 12/23/07. You replied to that email on 12/29/07.

Bront

The man with the probe
B4cchus said:
I gave approval for Vanatri's level 10 sheet on 12/23/07. You replied to that email on 12/29/07.
Yeah, I found that. My bad. I barely get to check that account any more.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Just a heads-up: My term starts this week and I'm in between helping run a tournament here last weekend and moderating for one at Brown this weekend, writing for one the weekend afterwards (due tomorrow) and also trying to create a new student organisation (which takes some red hoop jumping), so I am here, I am not going on hiatus or anything, but my posting may be sporadic as I do all the beginning of term course stuff + extras above. For instance, I've seen all the threads that need updating, I just have not had a few minutes to update them yet. I estimate that I will have time to do so, however, tomorrow.

orsal

LEW Judge
judges needed

The following adventures have no judge listed:
Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins (very old!)
Undine the Sea
Tempest Fugit
Terra Subterranea
Nocturne of Sorrow
The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard
Peregrinations of the Shard
IVV1: The Forgotten Map

Now, I've already volunteered to judge Nocturne, and stated this both in this thread and in the game thread, although my name still hasn't been added to the title. Whether this is because I haven't managed to get Rystil's attention, or because he (I notice all but the last on the list above are his threads) is staging some sort of one-man civil disobedience protest against the practice of listing the judge in the thread title, I don't know. But it does mean that the absence of a judge listed evidently does not necessarily mean the absence of a judge.

So, my question is, how many of the other games still need judges? Once that is answered, the next question: who among us can judge which games?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I've been following Peregrinations already, so I'll judge that one.

I nominate Rystil as judge for Blind Watchers, since he's already reading it anyway.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hey guys.

As you may or may not have noticed, I've not been around much. Between travel, a new kid, and my wife's health problems, I haven't had the time I used to.

I need to cut down on PbP, since my slowness has been to the detriment of many games. I think I need to pull out completely.

I wanted to e-mail the judges about this first, but I resolved to do that 2 weeks ago and I still haven't had the time.

I'm very sorry, particularly because I was holding out for a few things to finish up that I've been looking forward to (like one adventure I started in almost 3 years ago now), but I just don't think it's fair to make people wait on me.

If my leaving is a problem in any particular game, I'll deal with it in that game, or you can PM or e-mail me, and I will try to work out with it as best I can to cause the least impact to other players.

Again, I'm very sorry about this.

As for my judging duties, I still enjoy making rules commentary when I can, and would be willing to stick around as a rules judge (perhaps simply temporarily step down). I'll continue to do mod and other maintinance work, and I'll try to stay active in the comunity, I just don't have the time to dedicate to PbP.

It is possable my schedule will clear up, but not likely before the end of April, and it just isn't fair to make you all wait that long.

Bront.

Remove ads