Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

ajanders

Explorer
The letter is sealed with a blob of wax -- no seal.

March 15th, 2008

We, the inhabitants of Middle Wrightspire in Sharn, Breland are plagued by a plethora of un-, sub-, or supernatural forces. These forces are of a larcenous and frightening nature.
The constabulary of Middle Wrightspire has demonstrated a lack of interest or competence in driving off the aforementioned un-, sub-, or supernatural forces.

The Benevolent Craftsman, Professionals, and Residents Association of Middle Wrightspire is thus prepared to offer no more than six individuals a fee of 500 galifars each to counteract and permanently alleviate the infestation of un-, sub-, or supernatural forces within Middle Wrightspire on the following terms:
250 galifars upon mutual acceptance of services
250 galifars upon one full calendar month after the individuals providing the aforementioned services declaring their task complete, provided no further manifestations of un-, sub-, or supernatural occur within that time.

As the aforesaid individuals will be practicing their trade within Middle Wrightspire, they will be given courtesy memberships in the Benevolent Craftsman, Professionals, and Residents Association of Middle Wrightspire for the duration of their work, entitling them to a discount of twenty-five (25) percent on all goods and services provided by the other members of the Benevolent Craftsman, Professionals, and Residents Association of Middle Wrightspire. In the event the aforesaid individuals cease to pursue their trade within Middle Wrightspire the Benevolent Craftsman, Professionals, and Residents Association of Middle Wrightspire reserves the right to terminate their membership as described in section 24 of our bylaws.

Signed

Q Mortimer Buntleby
Master Scrivener
Corresponding Secretary of the Benevolent Craftsman, Professionals, and Residents Association of Middle Wrightspire

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mellubb said:
Mathew walks over to Veyk and says "What does it say?"

"Indeed, keep us not in suspense," Reveka echoed. When the man had first entered, she had risen to her feet, but she had not moved further, and a bit of puzzlement was evident on her aquiline features- it was quite apparent that his accent was nearly impenetrable to her.

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook standing behind Veyk has been able to read it over his shoulder by standing on a stool.
' The job offers a su of 500 gold galifars and membership in some sort of Craft guild.'

Kaodi

Hero
" Temporary membership, " says Veyk, stepping away from Zook on the stool. " 250 golden galifars each for up to six people, up front, with another 250 to be paid a month after the job is complete, in which there had better be no resurgences of the problems... There is some mention of un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Probably why they came here instead of complaining to the Watch. "

ajanders

Explorer
"We did, gorblimey!!" says Bill Begley, or at least the man carrying his box.
Exposure to his accent and peculiar relationship to the letter "h" are starting to make him more comprehensible.

"Constable claimed we were drunk, he did, and said they'd turn up when we were sober. As if honest working people could get drunk on a Tuesday night! And as if Jenny Willoughby weren't a temperance supporter! And as if I could get so drunk I could lose sixty-seven chickens in one night!! He's a miserable lazy tub of guts is what he is and if I could haul him out of his chair without a pulley, I'd kick his butt around the block or my name isn't Bill Begly!"

Bill Begly stops to take another breath.

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk gives Bill Begley a kind of blank look, and says, " Yeah... "

He turns to the others and adds, " Well, I am in. I could use some another job to hone my skills, put some more cash in my pocket and maybe this time get a favourable review in a respectable newspaper. You know, power, fortune, fame? Who else is interested? "

The changeling seems to be unhappy about something as he speaks, but he does not seem to be interested in sharing it with anyone.

JRYoung

First Post
Rethlin, trying to take this all in, seems convinced there is a chance to do good for honest folk "I will gladly answer the call my good man. My name is Rethlin, I am a priest of the Silver Flame. I can assure you that no 'pudding monster' nor any 'goblin dead' shall torment the goodly folk of Middle Wrightspire while I draw breath."

Rethlin slaps the fellow on the shoulder and offers a comforting smile.

Mellubb

First Post
Seeing an excellent chance to gain allies in his fight Mathew steps forward and announces "I am Mathew d'Cannith, a scion of House Cannith, and I will see this deed done as much as my part can." .

Remove ads