Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

Moggthegob

First Post
Gene takes a drink and continues " Krepis has been with us for a while. He has a nasty temper and, unfortunately, is incredibly strong and durable, but he always did the hard work of carrying the stone from the prospecting fields to the trains, where we send them to be polished and cut. The trouble is, today's supply of shards never made it to the train. We looked into it and as it turns out Krepis took the order and from what we've been able to gather he ran off into the woods with them. We do not know why he took them, but he certainly did not have the presence of mind to do this alone. He has some sort of accomplice. That said, we could care less about that. We want him back, dead or alive and we would like the stones. My own house has placed a rather large bounty on his head and so has House Orien and House Kundarak, all of whom were set to profit from this shipment. All told, the bounty is a flat sum of 20,000 gp, 25,000 is you get back the stones. So my offer is, for you to go after the bounty and you get to keep the bounty and anything else you find, we just want the shards and the ogre. What do you say? Sound like your kind of thing?

Bront

The man with the probe
"That sounds ok. We can track him and find out what happened to him, and recover the stones." Stulgar says.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'm confused--Does that mean this is a purely bounty hunting for cash? Out of character, I would jump at the chance to do this adventure, but could there be some minor human interest if possible? Siobhan is a Neutral Good Druid who doesn't care about money--she did the rescue mission because it sounded like people were in danger, for instance, and was very happy to save everyone from those cocoons)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I view the human interest to see if the Ogre is guilty or being forced to or tricked, and maybe trying to bring him back alive. Hense Stulgar's responce. It's also an excuse to get out of sharn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm? That's not human interest--it's a practice of the law thing. If he was also a wanted murderer, for instance, who killed several people to get the shards, it would be different. As is, most Druids (imo, and at least Siobhan) should not care about a property dispute between and employer and employee (though ironically, if it was House Cannith who lost something, Siobhan would likely seek out the ogre to help him, since she sees House Cannith as a force of great evil and destruction in the world, likely responsible for the Mourning).

Fortunately, it would be easy enough to add that the ogre was a killer, and something as simple as that (or equivalent) is more than enough of an excuse for me to put Siobhan into this adventure.)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Or you can tag along to keep your brother out of trouble. You know how nice it's been to associate with other Dragonmarked houses ;)

Moggthegob

First Post
" Excellent!" Gene exclaims " Just to warn you though, there has been word that he is tearing up the swamps, and the reason we are certain it was him is that the first team we sent to go calm him down was mauled and nearly completely annihilated."

Moggthegob

First Post
(There is other human interest it just isn't obvious and won't be until you start putting the puzzle peices together, there is more to this than meets the eye.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Moggthegob said:
(There is other human interest it just isn't obvious and won't be until you start putting the puzzle peices together, there is more to this than meets the eye.)
OOC: OOOOh, a TransformerTM!

Remove ads