Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

jaker2003

Explorer
In walks a man concealed by his cloak. He finds a seat near the door. Before sitting, gives a half wave to the room, Hello friends, I'm Jack.

pathfinderq1

First Post
It seemed as if only a few moments had passed before the door of the tavern banged open once more. For just a moment, a tall woman stood in the doorway, outlined against the stray fall of light from the Everbright lanterns on the street-then the moment passed, and she stepped inside, turning slightly so that the hilt of the greatsword slung across her back could clear the edge of the doorframe. She looked around the room slowly, as if looking for a particular person, and gave a resigned shrug when she finished her sweep. Her skin had an unusual reddish-brown tinge, and her features were both exotic and severe, almost elven in their sharpness.

Then she stepped forward, up to the bar, and gazed at Brews for a moment- curiously, as if warforged were still an unfamiliar sight to her. She turned in place, trying to encompass the entirety of the room in her declaration. "I am told that this is a place where one might find adventures, and that by custom I should declare myself and tell a tale to earn my supper. This custom seems pleasing to me, for I value both adventure and stirring tales well-told. So I declare myself as Reveka, daughter of Gerard and Rassavi, called Scrapescale among the guardian tribes. My tale is a long one, and odd, beyond my ability to shape into a suitable tale, but perhaps I may make the attempt later." Her accent was rather odd, and her speech strangely stilted, as if the Common tongue was new to her. Both her armor and accessories were exotic as well, of a foreign style- but familiar if one had traveled as far as Argonessen.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka nodded in the gnome's direction, then made her way to the bar long enough to acquire a drink. Mug in hand, she made her way across the room to the more crowded tables. "So, is there anyone here who has a rousing tale to pass the time? I enjoy a good story, but I am a far better listener than a speaker."

Redclaw

First Post
A well-shined and heavily pollished warforged enters the tavern, strapping his shield onto his back as he does so. His armor shows a fresh scratch or two, and those who come close enough can smell the stink of the warrens on him.

He looks around the room, as if searching for someone or something in particular, then seems to reach a conclusion. Greetings fellow employment seekers. Justice seeks one who can manipulate magical energy to help stop an injustice being done by goblins.

OOC: seeking an arcane caster for a 2nd level party continuing an adventure.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka looked over as the warforged made his entrance, then over at Brews as if comparing the two metal men. Her gaze continued to sweep the room, searching to see if anyone answered the adamantine warrior's request. After a brief silence, she spoke in her oddly-accented tones. "My mother was a sorceress of great power, but the dragons did not bless me in such a way. It seems as if this tavern is equally lacking in arcane blessing. Perhaps one will come soon, for new arrivals have been numerous enough..." She paused for a breath, and looked around the room once more. "I don't suppose you have a tale of this goblin injustice?"

Redclaw

First Post
Justice looks over at Reveka with a blank expression. The story is yet unfinished. That is why I am here, hoping for a practioner of the arcane arts to assist us. If it were done I wouldn't need such a person. Confident that the matter has been put to rest, he turns again to survey the rest of the tavern. I suppose, if that is not an option, that we could use someone else to assist us.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"What specifically do you need with an arcane spellcaster?" the gnome asks. "I can see if there's any services I can offer. Not a spellcaster myself, but I know a couple tricks."

Remove ads