Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

JRYoung

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
After a moment, she added another question. "This Flame, the Silver Flame you have mentioned- is that your patron? Do you collect tales and glory in her name?"

Rethlin can hardly contain his excitement "What is the Silver Flame, you ask? Well m'lady, it is my life, my soul, but more literally my Deity. Let me tell you the Divine Truth behind the Silver Flame." Sedar rolls his eyes as Rethlin takes the pulpit.

"They say she was human once, but Tira Miron left her mortality behind her some 700 years ago! A vision of a rainbow-winged serpent warned her about a terrible evil rising in Thrane, riding crimson fire. This fire had drawn dark creatures from far and wide to venerate it and try to free the malevolent entity trapped within. Lady Miron rallied the forces of Thrane to defeat these creatures. Then, with her greatsword Kloinjer, the Paladin turned to face the demon that was emerging from the flame. It was then that the rainbow-winged serpent appeared and dove headfirst into the fire. The battle within seemed to last an eternity, Lady Miron watched as the demon began to overcome the serpent."

"Horrified, she saw the demon strike a crippling blow to the serpent. The serpent, in the throes of death, encircled the demon in its coils and buried its fangs into the demon's throat. At the same time the serpent sent a mental plea to Lady Miron, and she did not hesitate. Raising her sword high she leaped into the flames and plunged Kloinjer through the writhing serpent and deep into the demon's flesh."

"Legend says that a powerful explosion then rocked the entire kingdom! The hot crimson fire became a cool silver flame. Lady Miron remained within, now part of the divine flame. She became the voice of the silver flame for eternity, and a new religion was born! At the point where the flame erupts from the ground it is said that mighty Kloinjer is buried to the hilt, binding demon, serpent, and the Paladin Tira Miron together forever."

"All hail the Flame!"
concludes Rethlin with fervor.

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook smirks at his friend " Ah yes, the Church of the Silver Flame. The latest incarnation of the Rainbow cultists devoted to the worship of the Couatl. There are some good fire based spells in your archives I've had the privledge of looking at. Very good stuff.

As an archivist, it is important to keep an open mind and be willing to draw from the power of the many different deities and their incarnation. For instance the forgotten Goblin god's are an excellet source of knowledge and power.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka listened as each of the others said their piece, both of the tale and of other things. Then she nodded. "I think, perhaps. that he meant 'Goblin' and we but misheard. For the rest, it seems I was most fortunate in seeking out this place, for I have heard the bones of a great tale, and learned an important lesson on matters of faith and religion- and couched in another great story." She turned her gaze directly upon Zook. "Now you say this is a story that you have written for a 'Chronicle'. Is there, in truth, a place where such tales are written down, for folk to read and be inspired?"

ooc: [sblock]In her short time in Khorvaire, Reveka had had little experience with 'newspapers' like the Chronicle, and had taken them for simple records of facts and news- she hasn't yet figured out that they convey stories and entertainment. I wonder if they deliver subscriptions to Argonesssen? [/sblock]

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook looks at the wild man Yes, the Chronicle is a place where stories from around the continent are gatheed to keep concerned folks informed.

Kaodi

Hero
Looking around at the current patrons of the Shard, Veyk says, " With any luck, perhaps a new job offer will come by soon enough. Something that will make for a good story, this time, and with companions that do not decide they have better things to do when the going gets tough. I wonder what that fellow Kenn is up to these days. "

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases