Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Wik

First Post
Galwynn Harumphs at Keldar's plan. "You go out there singing, you're likely to draw a crowd with pitchforks, and... actually, on second though, that's a great idea, thief. Go out there and sing. I'll wait here."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Galwynn Grimesprayed,
Leaves his friends dismayed;
'Cos he's the only paladin
To bring his own smell with him," Keldar chants.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar shakes his head sadly. "And to think I was going to give you a present." From his new quiver, he pulls out two, four, six feet of wooden pole. "I hear paladins like to keep one close. But now you'll just have to make do." He drops the staff back into the quiver.

"Anyway, we're wasting time. It doesn't look as though any solutions are going to fall into our laps while we sit here."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Keldar: said:
Can I call you Fimbus? Yes, I'm Keldar, Keldar Warbray, of the Warbraybia Warbrays."
"Well, most people just call me Fimble. Fimble McGee." The gnome shrugs.
"An illusionist, indeed. That's better than a normal wizard, isn't it?"
Fimble grins, "At illusions, yes. At other magics, the opposite. I never could get the hang of abjuration, and necromancy didn't sit well with me, so I forwent the study of those schools and instead focused on illusions. My gnomish blood helps a ltitle in that department as well." To accent his statement, he holds out his hand a puff of blue flame appears. A weasel emerges from his shirt and darts at the flame, which promptly disappears and reappears on Keldar's shoulder. The weasel leaps at it and chases the flame as it moves all over Keldar's upper torso.
Rapture: said:
"Tis good to meet you m'lord. I hope my companions have been gracious hosts as they've questioned you of your homeland."
"And you, fair lady. They've been nothing but courteous, you can be sure," he says with a wink. His flame comes back to him, and behind it trails his weasel. "Ah, and this is Rikitiki, my friend and familiar," he says, introducing his weasel.
Tommy: said:
"But, er, before we get too detailed in our travel plans, weren't we going to investigate that rather odd shovel we found near the blueprints?"
Fimble's blue flame freezes, as though time had stopped. Rikitiki looks at him curiously. He stutters, "Eh, er, a uh... a sh- a shovel, you say? Might I take a look, if er, if you would?"
"Here it is. See, there's a strange seal on the twisty handle. Does that mean anything to you, Fimbus?"
Apparently, it does mean something, because the gnome's mouth is opening and closing slowly. His short, scrawny arms reach out, his frozen blue flame forgotten on his shoulder. "By the long white beard of Antonidas himself... Perhaps they do exist..." He glances at the paladins Galwynn and Rapture before speaking. "I do indeed know this shovel. It's posted on fliers throughout Fallon, they say 'Have you seen this shovel? Have you seen this seal? Reward: 10,000 Gold Crowns', and they depict this very shovel and this exact seal. And wouldn't you know it: the one who put up the fliers is none other than my father, Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the Second, the gemcutter of Fallon." The gnome's eyes open in wonder as he stares at the band before him. "Truly it is good fortune that we met here."

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"I do indeed know this shovel. It's posted on fliers throughout Fallon, they say 'Have you seen this shovel? Have you seen this seal? Reward: 10,000 Gold Crowns', and they depict this very shovel and this exact seal. And wouldn't you know it: the one who put up the fliers is none other than my father, Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the Second, the gemcutter of Fallon." The gnome's eyes open in wonder as he stares at the band before him. "Truly it is good fortune that we met here."
"Ow, my lap," says Keldar.

Solange

First Post
"You can learn a lot about a people from their art, and architecture is an art in high form for many people," Rapture says to Galwynn.

Rapture listens to Fimble speek of the reward, "Well, it appears the gods smile on us. It appears we will have to seek out your father."

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag raises an eyebrow at the astounding coincidence - not to mention the huge reward.

"What sort of artifact is this shovel, then?" he asks.

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Ow, my lap," says Keldar.

OOC: Took me a second, but then I laughed. Hard. You win the internet, sir.

Galwynn exchanges glances with Rapture, and then subtly stretches, hoping to hide the fact that he is now using his innate Detect Evil on the gnome. And that damned weasel of his. And Sense Motive (+6)

"Ten thousand for a shovel? I'd heard some stories about Fallonites, but I never believed them. But I guess they are a bunch of raving fo-" Galwynn begins, before stopping short when someone kicks him from underneath the table.

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
Rapture listens to Fimble speak of the reward, "Well, it appears the gods smile on us. It appears we will have to seek out your father."
"They do! That's why the road to Grenton at first took a day and then finally took a week! So we would find our way back here just at this time, and not a month from now when it would be too late. Ah, there's a high destiny awaiting us."

Keldar burbles with excitement.[sblock=Aquan]"Either that, or this is a trick on the part of our new friend."[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases