Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Orc Barbarian

InVinoVeritas said:
Gurdek shows the map to Oskar and Barask. "A halfing dropped it off here a couple years back, saying that he didn't have time to decipher it. And I understand. It's in bad shape."

The map is in terrible shape. It is faded, crumpled, torn in a couple places, scrawled on, has more than one drink spilled on it, and calling it "worse for wear" would be generous. Only the words "ARTIFACT HERE" remain legible, right over a spot that might be above or below something else. It is impossible to read anything else, or know where any landmarks are with the map in this state.

"You'll have to find some way to restore it," Gurdek continues, "but there's got to be some magical way to do that. Anyway, it's yours, congratulations. Enjoy!"

"Magic or not, this map is useless to me."

jaker2003 said:
Oskar peers through the fading ink and torn sections. "Do we have among us any that can mend with magic?"

Barask speaks with Oskar, "Maybe we should also search for someone who know history or geography."

Wik

First Post
LesserSky said:
"Magic or not, this map is useless to me."

Barask speaks with Oskar, "Maybe we should also search for someone who know history or geography."

OOC: If you have time to wait, I have a cloistered cleric (2nd level) who has ranks in Geography, History, and can heal. I'm just waiting for her to get approved before I bring her in.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Wik said:
OOC: If you have time to wait, I have a cloistered cleric (2nd level) who has ranks in Geography, History, and can heal. I'm just waiting for her to get approved before I bring her in.
(OOC: I assume we'll need more than two PCs for this adventure so sure, I'm willing to wait before moving the adventure out of the tavern.)

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: Well, there may be other PC's coming back from sitting in the meeting for the MA that could join. There's 6 or 7 in there waiting, so maybe some will come back for this.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Galwynn: said:
"Ten thousand for a shovel? I'd heard some stories about Fallonites, but I never believed them."
"Yes, well, there's always the fine print, so the shovel alone won't win you the reward. You see, I never knew my grandfather, Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the First. But apparently, he left my father an inheritance that was stolen, and all my dad had to go on was that stupid looking shovel. After he made his own fortune, he put fliers up all around Fallon hoping that someone could give him a lead on his stolen inheritance, but all we ever heard from were fakes and fogies. But now you've found such a shovel and so many years after the theft, this is... well, exciting to say the least!"

[sblock=Galwynn's Detect Evil results: ]Neither the gnome nor his weasel emit an aura of evil. Neither, you note, does Barask.

Nor does Keldar.[/sblock]

OOC: Fimble seems genuinely excited and sounds like he's telling the truth.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[i would like to join the treasure map group if i can come up with a character soon enough.]/ooc[

sd

covaithe

Explorer
Intrigued, Tommy leans forward. "So your father's inheritance was stolen some while ago, and... wait, was this very shovel right here among the things stolen, or did the thieves leave behind another shovel like it? I wonder if perhaps your father, or maybe your grandfather, is the unknowning possessor of a secret door. Hmm. Fimble, do you know anything about the the seal on the shovel?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tommy: said:
"...wait, was this very shovel right here among the things stolen, or did the thieves leave behind another shovel like it?"
"Yes, the latter. The story goes that my grandfather's fortune was buried in a chest, but before my father could get to it, thieves had taken it and left behind the shovel. As for the seal, I know less than you do. My father never found an instance of it again."

Trouvere

Explorer
"How many years ago was this?" Keldar asks. "And you say the treasure was buried? In a secret place in the middle of nowhere, or in a cellar, or where? I think we need to hear the story in full."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"My grandfather was a hero in the Medibarian war, but he was assassinated during the victory celebrations. The king gave my grandmother a large compensation for her loss, and rather than spend it, she hid it away so her son could have it when he came of age. She caught a mysterious illness when my father was 40, and she only barely managed to pass the secret of its location on to him before she died. He went to where it was hidden, buried in the woods near their house, but it had already been dug up. Where there should have been an undisturbed patch of ground, he found a freshly dug hole. In the hole there was a chest containing only a few rocks, and beside the chest was one of these strange shovels. My father searched for the thieves a long time, but never found a trace of them besides that branded shovel."

Remove ads