Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Errandir

First Post
The half-elf shrugs his shoulders. "Aye, then, it seems a fair deal. You can count on my sword. I have also some small skill as a tracker that may come in useful, though I've never attempted anything like it in a city before."

Taking the pen, Ries signs his name in a flowing cursive and examines it critically. "Not as good as my Elvish, but it will do." He nods to Huffgood. "At your service."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus narrows his eyes on the exaggerated tale of the halfling.
-[Sense motive: 23]-
"I think you may be exaggerating my dear halfling. Why don't you tell us exactlly how did they look. Keep that ale away before you speak again." he suggest.

Halford

First Post
Huffgood frowns up at Ciprinus,

"Well perhaps they were halfling daggers, he conceeds begrudingly, "and I suppose the spices would have sold for hundreds rather than thousands - because of my aggressive discounting policy you understand. But they were pretty darn scary, probably mutated!"

The Halfling takes a last look around, counts out ten pieces of platinum for Ries and writes the half-elf's name beneath the others.

"Well that looks like our lot, if you'd care to follow me gentlemen I have a carriage waiting outside. Oh, and accomodation can be provided for free if you are willing to put up with, err, some company of the late variety - otherwise the rates at the Bard's Tale are quite reasonable."

So saying he picks up the ledger and the deplenished purse, stows his quill and ink and heads for the door.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Sarn scowls, fingers the hilt of his greatsword over his shoulder, and follows the halfling, eyeing the snake curled around Ciprinus' shoulders curiously.

Boddynock

First Post
A young man comes through the doorway of the tavern, throwing a kiss behind him and saying cheerfully, "Farewell, sweet Cynthia. You've made the last few days of this interminable trip a delight - so much so that, were I a less honest man, I'd claim that I'm sorry to have arrived. Well, I'm not sorry to have arrived ... and I'm very, very happy to have made your acquaintance on the way. Look me up some time, when next you're passing through Allimon."

With a cheery wave, he turns to view the interior of the tavern, and its inhabitants.

"Greetings, all. I am Peladus Bralc, Wizard."

He makes a reverence, extending a slender, leather clad leg, and bowing his head, before tossing shoulder-length golden locks and straightening with a laugh. Going up to the bar he orders a dry white wine and asks the barman, "Hello, Joe, is it? Tell me, are there any calls on an adventurer's skills at the moment. I was here briefly some months ago, before going off with half of Orussus, so it seemed, on a call to arms from Monemvassia. There was far too much politics involved, however, so I decided not to get caught up in it all. Still, I saw some interesting parts of the world, and met some memorable characters, so it was far from a waste of my time."

Halford

First Post
OOC: Hope nobody minds me NPCing Joe for a moment. If your interested 'Nock theres still room in End's Meat and a Wizard would be a nice addition to the Psychic Warrior, Druid, Ranger mix.

IC​

Joe finishes cleaning off a glass as he nods welcomingly to Peladus.

"Welcome back Peladus, things have been a bit quiet recently, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But there was a halfling in here recruiting about an hour ago. From that new bridgend Merchants District, huffgood I think he said, I remember hearing he runs some hoity toity spice shop down there Huffgood Spices. Seemed like he would have taken another body if he could have got it."

Joe shrugs,

"Otherwise you know this place wait around long enough and the whole world and their worries will be along eventually."

Boddynock

First Post
Joe turns back from stowing glasses to add, "Oh, then there's that pseudodragon that came in a while ago, looking for a party to deal with some skeletons in the basement. He left some cash with me: 100 gp to get kitted out if you want to sign on."

Peladus raises an eyebrow in astonishment.

"A pseudodragon?" he repeats, laughing.

"That's too good to pass up, even without the 100 gold. Where is he, Joe?"

The young man signs on the dotted line, and heads out to do some shopping ... after he's had a bath and a meal!

OOC1: Sorry, halford - Phoenix8008 had already PMed me about The Darque Portal. Still, at least I get to adventure with Dair. ;)

Remove ads