Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Trouvere

Explorer
A young man enters, looking as though he's slept rough for a week, and then put in a sweaty few hours' work, as indeed he has. His leather armour shows scuffs and odd scorch marks. The handle of a shovel protrudes from his shabby backpack, in marked contrast to the new and very fine quiver that sits beside it, or the equally fine rapier at his hip.

"Keldar, Keldar Warbray, poet and singer, fighter and lover, accomplished with sword and bow, favoured of the gods, and master of the arcane. Joe, it is good to be back! Did you miss me? No need to answer, your face speaks volumes. Ah hah, Galwynn and Tommy, waiting patiently, I see."

Keldar pulls up a chair. "And some faces that are new to me. Greetings to all."

OOC: there's a good chance the shovel was in Tarag's bag of holding, which he now has. For simplicity, let's say Keldar remembered to retrieve it when he left the forge.

covaithe

Explorer
"Hello, Keldar. I was just about to show those plans we found to Mr. Gibbons here. He says that he has some knowledge of architecture," says Tommy.

ooc: If there is no objection...

Tommy pulls out the blueprints and carefully spreads them on a dry spot of the table. "We found these documents in the camp of some burglars who were trying to break in to Thyrin's tower near Grenton. You know of Thyrin, yes? Anyway, the burglars encountered some of Thyrin's more energetic defenses, and, er, are in no condition to be able to explain these blueprints themselves now. This one here," he points, "is quite close to the external appearance of Thyrin's tower, but these others don't look like anything near Thyrin's home. Can you tell us anything more about them, like what buildings they represent, or who may have drawn them up?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
After no more than a short glance, Fimbus says, "I can't answer who, but I can certainly answer where: Fallon, the wondrous City of Falls! My home town, actually. If I'm not mistaken, almost all of these are buildings in Fallon... yes, these pages are definitely the Halls of the Gods, you can't mistake that star shape. And this could be one of the many towers in the College of Wizardry, it certainly has enough stories. And these, back here, they look like portions of the sewer system. They're quite complicated, thanks to the Catastrophe." He looks up at Tommy and Keldar. "The sewers are nowhere near comprehensive, and the Halls of the Gods are constantly being added to so this is a bit outdated. I'd venture to guess that most of these in this book are copies of the original blueprints. These thieves, whoever they were, must have been well connected, because even the secret entrances are marked." Fimbus raises his eyebrows. "The caves, though, I don't recognize those."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Here's one, in what looks to be one of the tall wizard's towers. See how it comes out here, in the sewers? And the Halls of the Gods, there's a trap door in the north star point's oratory, it looks like it leads to a basement hall, which connects to... the surface, I would say, based on this scribble here. Very interesting! This book is quite valuable, if you can identify which buildings are which."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Valuable, yes," Keldar says, rubbing his scrubby chin. "But dangerous in the wrong hands, I'd think. You don't want just anyone being able to wander into a wizard's tower or a temple. Perhaps these thieves specialized in magic items. So... Thyrin said the architect he hired here was originally Fallonese. We should find him. Perhaps he's in on it, or perhaps he too has been robbed recently."

Wik

First Post
Approached by two individuals almost simultaneously, Galwynn is taken aback a bit. "I... I... I didn't expect it to be desired so much... Um..."

He takes a step back and looks at both candidates. He frowns at the Orc, remembering some of the trials in his past, and smiles upon the woman, as she vaguely reminds him of a brave warrior-woman who taught him to fight when he was younger.

Appraising both for a long moment, Galwynn looks up at the roof. "You send an Orc, and you send a woman in your appearance? Is this... a test?" He mutters quietly, underneath his breath.

Finally, he scowls and fishes a coin out of his belt pouch. He scores one side of the coin with a dagger, and says "the side with the knife mark is the orc's side".

Coin Flip = 1: Dianna, 2: Barask (1d2=1)

When the flip indicates Dianna, Galwynn shrugs, and hands the chainmail armour over to her. "It'll probably fit you better, anyways. Wear it with pride, and never fight against Halina's teachings while it safeguards you."

Galwynn turns towards Barask. "Sorry. But, truth be told, I'm glad she got it over you. There's something about protecting an orc from harm that just doesn't sit well with me. Nothing personal."

Galwynn walks over and joins his friends.

Wik

First Post
Overhearing Keldar, Galwynn sits down and says "Thieves, eh? Maybe we should just mention these plans to the owners, and alert them to the threat." He thinks for a moment. "Of course, I think they'd be more than willing to hire us to find those thieves... and a house of the gods would surely offer more money than a country mage..."

Realizing what he just said, he take a long look at Keldar, and then scowls. "damn rogue is rubbing off on me..." Galwynn mutters beneath his breath.

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Orc Barbarian

Wik said:
Galwynn turns towards Barask. "Sorry. But, truth be told, I'm glad she got it over you. There's something about protecting an orc from harm that just doesn't sit well with me. Nothing personal."

Barask nods and says, Orcs have to protect themselves.

InVinoVeritas said:
Thargon nudges Barask. "Don't worry, I can make you an armor or a spear if you need."

Armor's okay, but I do want a longspear.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases