Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Orc Barbarian

InVinoVeritas said:
"I've got a spare longspear at my shop," Thargon replies. "It's yours for 4 gold. Deal? Or would you like anything special with that?"

A regular longspear is just fine. I will pay 4 gp for one.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
LesserSky said:
A regular longspear is just fine. I will pay 4 gp for one.
"I'll be just a moment."

Thargon hustles out of the inn. Within the half hour, he re-enters with a longspear. "Here you are; it's a pleasure doing business with you. Let me know if you need anything further."

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Realizing what he just said, he takes a long look at Keldar, and then scowls. "Damn rogue is rubbing off on me..." Galwynn mutters beneath his breath.
"Deeply disturbing daydreams aside, Galwynn does raise a good point," says Keldar. "There may be others besides Thyrin with an interest in sorting this out."

Boddynock

First Post
A dwarf with golden hair and a close cropped beard enters the inn. He wears clothes which are smutty from the forge, but carries a finely crafted rucksack on his back. There's a morningstar at his side and a wooden shield emblazoned with a white anvil on a crimson field hangs loosely on his arm.

"Tarag of Clan Durvinn. I'm Chennet's smith priest - and if you want fine weapons or armour to save your life, I can make it for you. Or if it's items of wondrous magical might you're after, come see me. Many's the marvel I can craft for you!"

Pausing only to retrieve a dwarven ale from the bar - well, two actually, since the first one doesn't touch the sides - he joins his friends at the table near the wall.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Thargon beams. "Ah, you are the holy man Tarag! I have heard many wondrous things about you, and your shop. I am Kolex, Thargon Kolex. It is good to meet you. I quest to build the greatest waraxe, and have also just started a shop. It is an honor to meet you. Many apologies for disturbing your rest, but meeting the city's other forgers is always a welcome sight."

Trouvere

Explorer
Boddynock said:
A dwarf with golden hair and a close cropped beard enters the inn.
Keldar looks around hopefully as the door opens. "Oh. Hello again, Tarag," he says with a hint of disappointment. "Come and meet Mister Gibbon. He's from Fallon." After a moment he says, "Does anyone know where in town the Temple of Valessa is?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
From a dark and disused corner of the inn, an old, one-eyed dwarf stands and snorts.

"Selling spears, exchanging chainmail--this place is turning into a right mad bazaar, it is!"

He closes a giant tome at his table, and walks up over to Joe. "We need to advertise, hire a bard or something. No one even knows we're here!"

Joe shrugs. "Adventurers come here for adventures. The Trading Post mainly serves them."

The dwarf grunts, and looks around. "Yeah, fat lot it's doing me. Fine. Joe, I got something here." He wanders back to his corner and finds a scrap of paper.

With a loud noise reminiscent of chairs dragged around, the dwarf clears his throat. "Greetings, everyone, I am Gurdek, Chronicler of Goods. I take care of the Red Dragon Inn's Trading Post. Yeah, that corner over there with the cobwebs. I record and sell all the bits you guys find while you're out saving the world."

He pulls out the scrap of paper and places it on a table. "I got a freebie for anyone who's interested. It's a treasure map. I have no idea where it is, or what the treasure is, but see this? It says 'ARTIFACT HERE.' You want it, it's yours! Bring something back for trade!"

[sblock=OOC]
This is the recruitment post for IVV1: The Forgotten Map. The adventure is designed for PC levels 1-3 (but is open to anyone who is interested). To join, show interest here, and when the group is ready to leave the RDI, the adventure thread will be started.

Interest shown:
Oskar, Dwarf Paladin 1
Barask, Orc Barbarian 1
Lily, Kobold Wizard 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases