Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar shoots Tommy an irritated look. "My apologies, my colleague here must have a cold. Thag you very buch, Tobby. Can I call you Fimbus? Yes, I'm Keldar, Keldar Warbray, of the Warbraybia Warbrays. An illusionist, indeed. That's better than a normal wizard, isn't it?"

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy opens his mouth, intending to apologize for mis-introducing Fimbus, until...
Keldar said:
"Keldar Warbray, of the Warbraybia Warbrays. An illusionist, indeed. That's better than a normal wizard, isn't it?"
"Careful, Keldar. That cold must be catching. First you forget the name of your own home, and then you start having delusions. Perhaps you'd better lie down for a while."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Soldiers surely swap three short sword sheaths," says Keldar distinctly. "I'm perfectly fine, and you're just hearing things."

Solange

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Fimbus coughs lightly, "Actually, it's Gimmons, Master... Keldar?" Turning to Rapture and Tarag, he launches into his traditional introduction, "Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklery Gimmons the Third, that is. Illusionist extraordinaire, at your service." As usual, he finishes his statement with a low bow.
Rapture curties politely, "Tis good to meet you m'lord. I hope my companions have been gracious hosts as they've questioned you of your homeland."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
jaker2003 said:
OOC: Officialy showing interest!
IC: Oskar turns to face the dwarf in the corner. Map? Artifact? Well, I need something to do. What else do you know about this map; it's origin, for example?

Gurdek shows the map to Oskar and Barask. "A halfing dropped it off here a couple years back, saying that he didn't have time to decipher it. And I understand. It's in bad shape."

The map is in terrible shape. It is faded, crumpled, torn in a couple places, scrawled on, has more than one drink spilled on it, and calling it "worse for wear" would be generous. Only the words "ARTIFACT HERE" remain legible, right over a spot that might be above or below something else. It is impossible to read anything else, or know where any landmarks are with the map in this state.

"You'll have to find some way to restore it," Gurdek continues, "but there's got to be some magical way to do that. Anyway, it's yours, congratulations. Enjoy!"

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
Rapture curtsies politely, "Tis good to meet you m'lord. I hope my companions have been gracious hosts as they've questioned you of your homeland."
"About usual," Keldar opines. "From 'Gibbon' to 'm'lord' is a step up." He taps the folder on the table. "Let's recap. Thieves came to a fiery end after first tunnelling to the nonexistent basement of Thyrin's tower, following an unused plan drawn up by a Fallonese architect living in Orussus, whose name Thyrin couldn't remember. They left behind maps of other places, some for certain in Fallon, complete with secret doors."

"Now, I think our first step should be to find this architect and approach him, subtly. When we find him, I think Rapture and I should pose as newlyweds who want to commission a home built in Fallonese style."

Keldar beams.

"Er, is there a Fallonese style?"

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OOC Gobletchica]
Are you still interested in the armour? If not, I'll pass it on to Barask... it's not much, but I'd like to see a halfway decent piece of gear get passed on to a player that'll use it. [/sblock]

"From what I can remember of the Fallonese architecture, they seem to favour roofs over their head. And, um. Four walls... yeah, four walls." Galwynn says slowly. "And a door. Windows, too, I think."

With a sharp hiss, he shakes his head. "Who cares about the Fallonese style? Does it seriously matter? Why don't we just find the architect, ask him nicely, and if he doesn't help out, get a little forceful? I'm sure me and Rapture could play 'Friendly Priest, Angry Paladin' well enough to get him to admit everything we want to know. And it'd save all of us from learning something about bloody Fallonese architecture."

covaithe

Explorer
"What's wrong with learning about Fallonese architecture?" Tommy asks reasonably. "It's supposed to be a particularly beautiful city. But, er, before we get too detailed in our travel plans, weren't we going to investigate that rather odd shovel we found near the blueprints?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"You make a great angry paladin, Galwynn, and if you want to act with all the finesse of an ettin with two migraines, then I won't stop you. But there may come a time when knowledge of Fallonese architecture could save our lives. I'm going to make sure I learn where all these secret doors are. You never know when you might need to find one in a hurry. And I'm always trying to improve myself. In fact - Oh, the shovel, yes."

Keldar pulls the shovel out from his pack. "Here it is. See, there's a strange seal on the twisty handle. Does that mean anything to you, Fimbus? Thyrin said we should ask a bard. Other than me, I mean, because for some reason, I don't know. The best way to find some bards, if you want my opinion, would be for me to stand in the square and start singing some of my new compositions. All connoisseurs of fine art would be drawn to listen."

jaker2003

Explorer
InVinoVeritas said:
"You'll have to find some way to restore it," Gurdek continues, "but there's got to be some magical way to do that. Anyway, it's yours, congratulations. Enjoy!"
Oskar crosses the bar to stand by Gurdek and takes the map into his hands. Oskar peers through the fading ink and torn sections. "Do we have among us any that can mend with magic?"

Remove ads