OOC - Assassin City [Recruiting One]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dire Lemming said:
Uh... well, if there aren't any rules for it I'd have a hard time allowing it as a playable race even if I decided to... :\
There's some in oriental adventures. I don't know if it got updated to 3.5. I'll see if I can find.

Lord Slaw

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Uh... well, if there aren't any rules for it I'd have a hard time allowing it as a playable race even if I decided to...
The Ninja class is located in Complete Adventurer, and the Kenku is located in Monster Manual III. But, don't worry at all, that was just one idea, and I didn't know that you only had the Core books. Running a class and race without the DM possessing the books containing them is WAY more trouble than it's worth, and I want to integrate smoothly (or, at least as smoothly as I can ;)). So... not a problem, I've always got more tricks up my sleeve!

How about I provide a little muscle for this campaign? If you're OK with an isolated psionic character, I wouldn't mind trying out a Psychic Warrior (in the SRD). Powers like Chameleon (+10 to Hide) can provide ample stealth with creative application, and unpredictability is a huge boon to any potential assassin. Yes, I am aware that non-divine magic is looked upon with suspicion, but I intend to go out of my way to keep my very appearance hidden. I think I can lie about making somebody levitate from time to time. :)

Other ideas, should this prove too strange, would be a classic Urban Ranger, or perhaps a Paladin of Slaughter (though this would take a LOT of work to make it, well, work), but I really think that Psychic Warrior would be the most interesting.

As a general idea of how this guy would work, he'd most likely focus on mind-affecting and transportation-related psionic powers to gain an edge in battle, combined with no small amount of martial prowess.

Dire Lemming

First Post
That certainly does sound interesting. If you can write up a good background for a character like that then I don't see why I can't accept it. If you haven't guessed yet I'm not particularly experienced but... well anyway, just take a look at the front page of this thread. It has links to several other threads that will have info on the gameworld. Also, you can question Blackrat who created the world, though I altered a few things here and there to suit my purposes, and most of the details of this specific city are my ideas. Anything else, BR would be better to ask.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah. If Dire doesn't have anything against psionics it's good on my books too. I actually once used a psionic warrior on my own game too. They have easier time to hide the powers than mages have with magic. Most people wouldn't actually even know of their existence.

If you want to go with Paladin of Slaughter he would be a priest of "The Warrior". The problem with such a character is that I don't think he would enjoy sneaking and killing just the "mark" but rather wading in and kill everything that was in the close proximity.

Lord Slaw

First Post
OK, I should have a full sheet of info up for this Psychic Warrior by the end of the day, or tomorrow morning at the very latest - but you can expect it sooner. Thanks for the opportunity, and I look forward to playing!

Blackrat said:
Yeah. If Dire doesn't have anything against psionics it's good on my books too. I actually once used a psionic warrior on my own game too. They have easier time to hide the powers than mages have with magic. Most people wouldn't actually even know of their existence.
That's because, as far as the city is concerned, he doesn't exist. Sneaky sneaky sneaky... ;)

Blackrat said:
If you want to go with Paladin of Slaughter he would be a priest of "The Warrior". The problem with such a character is that I don't think he would enjoy sneaking and killing just the "mark" but rather wading in and kill everything that was in the close proximity.
That was the problem I foresaw. As such, it probably would have been wiser to go with Tyranny - a little more subtle. But, still, I love the concept of a well-trained and vicious thug. Or, maybe I've just watched A Clockwork Orange a bit too much...

Lord Slaw

First Post
Oh, by the way - quick change in character concept. I'm thinking Warforged Lich taking levels in Swashbuckler and Ninja. So, in short, a Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot. And I'll be taking feats from 125 sourcebooks, hope you don't mind!

Does it even need saying? :D

Lord Slaw

First Post
OK, here's Spider, my Psychic Warrior, for your scrutinizing-related enjoyment. If there's any problems mechanically, just let me know, and I'll correct it. Once all corrections are made (and if he checks out period), I'll place him in the Rogue's Gallery with background and whatnot, if you'd like.

Oh, and all of the stuff here is SRD, save for the Composite Greatbow, which is from Complete Warrior. It's just a larger longbow - it does 1d10 damage, weighs 6 pounds, costs a little more, and has a 130 foot range. The price is listed in the entry. Hope it's OK? I love the idea of the massive sniper's bow. :heh:
[sblock=Spider]Spider CR 5
Male human psychic warrior 5
CN Medium humanoid
Init +4; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14
(+3 Dex, +4 +1 breastplate)
hp 36 (5 HD)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Speed 20 ft. (4 squares) [30 ft. when psionically focused]
Melee mwk longsword +6 (1d8+2/19-20) or
Melee dagger +5 (1d4+2/19-20)
Ranged +1 composite greatbow (+2 Str) +8 (1d10+3/x3) or
Ranged dagger +7 (1d4+2/19-20)
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, poison, Precise Shot, psionics, Psionic Shot +2d6, Rapid Shot
Power Points/Day: 14; Powers Known (ML 5th):
2nd – body equilibrium, wall walker
1st – chameleon, conceal thoughts, force screen

Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
SQ psionics, Speed Of Thought +10 ft.
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency (greatbow), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psionic Shot, Rapid Shot, Speed Of Thought
Skills Autohypnosis +11, Concentration +9, Jump +10
Possessions +1 breastplate, +1 composite greatbow (+2 Str) with 60 arrows, 20 cold iron arrows, 20 silver arrows, masterwork longsword, 3 daggers, hand of the mage, 2 elixirs of sneaking, 3 potions of cure light wounds, 2 potions of invisibility, 2 doses of carrion crawler brain juice, 3 doses of drow poison, 1 dose of giant wasp poison, 1 dose of sassone leaf residue, 3 flasks of acid, 1 flask of alchemist’s fire, 1 smokestick, 2 sunrods, 1 thunderstone, 2 belt pouches, 2 traveler’s outfits, bullseye lantern, 3 pints of oil, flint and steel, crowbar, signal whistle, small steel mirror
Coins 95 pp, 13 gp, 17 sp, 20 cp
Weight Carried 87.5 lbs.[/sblock][sblock=Shopping List]9,000 gp total

+1 composite greatbow (+2 Str) – 2900 gp - 6
+1 breastplate – 1,350 gp - 30
mwk longsword – 315 gp - 4
3 daggers – 6 gp - 3
20 cold iron arrows – 2 gp -3
20 silver arrows – 41 gp - 3
60 arrows – 3 gp - 9
Hand of the mage – 900 gp - 2
2 elixirs of sneaking – 500 gp - 0
3 potions of cure light wounds – 150 gp - 0