Origins Game Fair

Crothian

First Post
Today is the last day for the early bird sign up for Origins. This year the Game Fair is going to start Wednesday morning with events. Anyone coming to this convention? As always I'll have some pick up games and we have our Sunday afternoon cookout if people are interested. If you are staying to Monday it is a good way to wind down and I imagine we can shuttle people if needed.

http://www.originsgamefair.com/

:D

Flynn

First Post
I wish I could afford transportation and rooms, because I would definitely qualify under the Expose-A-Friend program they've got going. I've never been to Origins. However, given a choice between going to Origins alone or to Gen Con with friends, I'm going to have to choose Gen Con.

Good Luck,
Flynn

Clefton Twain

First Post
I, like Rodrigo, can only get away with one convention a year so I pick GenCon. :( But I hear Origins is really good, maybe even better than GenCon.

--CT

Crothian

First Post
I goto Origins to Game. And this year they are really making it easier to do that. We never have problems with pick up game areas at the convention and it is a lot easier to sit down and talk with people. Origins has a more laid back feel to it. It might also be that I sleep in my own bed every night. :D

Insight

Adventurer
I have a feeling Origins is going to be overshadowed by the 4E stuff that I expect will be held back for Gen Con. I've been to Origins for something like 6 or 7 years in a row, but I'm going to Gen Con for the first time this year, owing almost entirely to what I expect to be released at Gen Con.

Crothian said:
I goto Origins to Game. And this year they are really making it easier to do that. We never have problems with pick up game areas at the convention and it is a lot easier to sit down and talk with people. Origins has a more laid back feel to it. It might also be that I sleep in my own bed every night. :D

I've often felt most laid back sleeping in someone else's bed.

joe "Rel" b.

SolitonMan

Explorer
I checked the site via the link, but I couldn't find any prices. Do you know where I can find info on the cost of a full show versus one day badge?

Pepster

First Post
I plan to go back, hopefully gaming with more Savage Worlds Savages. Last years' Origins was my first "big" con and I had a blast. I plan to do the Wednesday/Monday thing again this year, as I was exhausted by Sunday afternoon last year.

Pepster

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases