S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC

s@squ@tch

First Post
1 Zarantyr 999 // Breland, City of Sharn.

House Medani Enclave:

Cold rain falls from the skies on a dark winters night. The clouds have blocked the full moon. A heavily robed figure walks through the door of a lavishly appointed study, raindrops outlining his footfalls as he approaches a high-backed leather chair turned toward a crackling fire.

The courier stops short of the chair -- “Milord, we’ve been able to determine that the reports are true.”

“So the visions were correct. Give my best to Dorgath and Levis.”

“Milord, they paid for the information with their lives.”

“Leave me. I must meditate towards the next course of action.”

“Of course, Milord.”

With barely a whisper, the courier is gone.

[D]aa[/D]
Outside:

A dark winged figure materializes from the windowframe outside of the study, quickly releasing from its perch and winging its way from the building.

Minutes later, it disappears below ground through an old ventilation shaft.

It comes out of the shaft into a worked-stone room, one wall painted a blood-red color, with a central green claw, and adeptly lands on the desk in the corner of the room.

“Report.”

“Missstresss, the half-breeds believe it to be true.”

“Good. Assemble the rest.”

“Yess, Misstress.” The figure bows and then departs.

[D]aaa[/D]

A new threat has risen – something has organized the giants found in Xendrik and emboldened them. Several expeditions have been lost on the continent and the major houses are becoming hesitant to send reinforcements. The flow of dragonshards has almost ceased.

House Medani, acting in a rare conjunction with House Tharashk, has issued the call for a group of hale adventurers to voyage to the southern continent of Xendrik, to find the source of the increased aggression and coordination of the giant attacks on the archeological and dragonshard collecting expeditions.

They have contracted an airship to provide transport to Xendrik, and are providing a few artificiers and magewrights, along with other support personnel to the expedition. A sending stone will be provided for updating your sponsor(s) – Bendis Aldarn d’Medani and Darvir d'Tharashk.

Interested parties are to report to the main Medani house in Sharn by 20 Zarantyr 999. House Medani will recompense all parties handsomely for their service with House services and letters of credit.

3.5 Edition rules
# of characters: 1
Level: 8th
Starting Equipment: 27K (8th) -- no item more than 1/2
Alignment: No requirement, but if you plan an evil character, a good reason, plus a good cover, would be required.
Ability Generation: 32 point buy
Hit Points: Max HP at 1st level, leveling up, take 3/4 of the maximum possible roll for your hit points. For classes using a d6 or d10, round down, but make it up at the next level.
Source Material: Core + Complete Series, Magic Item Compendium, Eberron Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, subject to approval by me. No: Incarnum, Tome of Battle, Psionics
Setting: Eberron -- so only races present on Eberron would qualify.
Speed: Very important: I try to post at least once a day, I am looking for a fast paced game, but allowing time for character development and interaction with the world. This is a long series of modules, so I am looking for people into it for the long haul. Your posting record will be looked into and used with your character concept submission.

I am looking for a front line/meat shield type PC to accompany Team Black in their expedition into the jungles of Xen'drik.

Team Black currently consists of:

Isida Kep'Tukari - shifter druid 8
DEFCON 1 - Half-Orc Favored Soul of The Shadow 8
Voadam - Aasimar Wizard 7
Rhun - Wood Elf Ranger 2/Fighter 4/Order of Bow Initiate 2
drothgery - half-elf swashbuckler 6/artificer 1/windwright captain 1
Pathfinderq1 – Halfling female rogue 3/warlock 5
hero4hire - gnome Ranger 3/Fighter 2/Gnome Giant-Slayer 3 (on hiatus)

The group is currently at a location where the addition of a new PC would be quite easy, so unfortunately, the window for submissions is somewhat small. If you are interested, please respond quickly.

Thanks!

Mellubb

First Post
Would a Goliath Fighter/Ranger work. I can come up with a background that I was fighting giants with my tribe and I was injured but not killed. I could not contribute to the tribes next move so I was banished. I can come up with more later. I am willing to be flexible.

frostrune

First Post
I would propose a Warforged FTR 6 / BRB 2. Loose concept would be a powerful warrior that saw a lot of action during the war 'retiring' to Xen'drik to sort things out (he picks up Barbarian levels there). It would be a slightly sub-optimal barbarian build because I would be defintely have the adamantine body feat.

One drawback you should be aware of. I saw in your post that time is of the essence on this alternate player selection. I can probably get the charcter build out together but my posting would be a bit sporadic over the next full. I also have a big vacation planned near the end of FEb.

If this concept interests you and the rest can be worked around, I am very interested.

Thanks,

Frostrune

Redclaw

First Post
How about a dwarven Knight 7/Dwarven Defender 1. It looks like the party has the mobile melee and ranged component pretty well covered. A character designed to dig in and bring the enemy to him might work well.

If PHB II isn't available he could be a fighter 7/DD 1.

I'm picturing a determined, angry dwarf who likes to show his superiority by planting his feet and calling on his enemies to try to take him down. He'll be a giant-cursing, waraxe-wielding, knee-chopping ball of bearded fury fueled by righteous anger.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Melubb: Team Gold has a goliath fighter/ranger/etc on it already. Although it is a separate group of PC's, I'm thinking that I'd like to keep them somewhat distinct in their make-up. One alternative for you would be to make a half-giant. One extant NPC available would be the daughter of the blacksmith in Stormreach, a CG female Half-giant Fighter 5/Psychic Warrior 2) -- although I am not using psionics in this campaign, so the psychic warrior levels would need to be swapped out for something else. Or you could pursue another of the races on Eberron.

@ frostrune: The warforged fighter is good in theory, but considering the makeup of Team Black, would have difficulty surviving -- for the sole reason being that there would be no one to heal you. The group has a druid, favored soul, and a wizard, all who do not have any repair spells in their repetoire.

@ Redclaw: PHB2 classes are allowed -- an interesting backstory would be required for a dwarven knight in Xen'drik.

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ frostrune: The warforged fighter is good in theory, but considering the makeup of Team Black, would have difficulty surviving -- for the sole reason being that there would be no one to heal you. The group has a druid, favored soul, and a wizard, all who do not have any repair spells in their repetoire.

Sanne has Repair Light. She's only (effectively) a 2nd-level Artificer, but it's something...

Mellubb

First Post
Sounds Cool. I assume since there are no Psyonics the Naturally Psionic and Psi-Like abilities are nil. Also being that this character already exists what do you want to do for her background?

That being said I will go straight fighter.
My feat tree will be something like this:
Level 1 Weapon focus (Longsword)
Level 1 Skill focus (Craft(Weaponsmith))
Level 2 Two Weapon fighting
Level 3 Oversized two weapon fighting
Level 4 Power Attack
Level 6 Weapon Specialization (Longsword)
Level 6 Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Just to give an Idea of what she is about.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Redclaw: PHB2 classes are allowed -- an interesting backstory would be required for a dwarven knight in Xen'drik.

I can work on some more detail later, but my first thought is that he was part of a small dwarven delve on Xen'drik, mining for dragonshards. He has some mining skills as a result, but he focused his efforts on defending the others from the giants that they hate so much. The clan has recently been forced to leave due to the increase in giant activity, and he is looking to help any force that might allow them to return to their work.

I see his knighthood as being less about nobility and status, and more about his desire to draw enemy attacks away from the less skilled combatants in his clan, and his desire to stand strong and protect the delve.

frostrune

First Post
I hear you on the warforged. Wizards can obviously learn 'repair' spells and normal healing spells work at 1/2 capacity. But if this was your way of allowing me to bow out gracefully, I understand. If I don't hear anything further I will assume you are looking at other options.

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Frostrune: I'm not saying that your warforged wouldn't be considered, just wanting to give you a heads up that the party doesn't have the traditional healer type.

@ Melubb/Redclaw: Please work up some character sheets.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases