Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood

Ambrus

Explorer
The tiny black-scaled dragon stealthily skulks down the hallway while snaking its long sinuous neck around to carefully study its surroundings. Arriving closer to the double doors, the wyrmling hides in the shadow of the door frame to study the mysterious urgrins' ritual.

OOC: So do the kurin kushol simply look like medium-sized kobolds or perhaps lizardmen?

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: well, a medium sized kobold with bulging muscles is quite similar to a lizardman, no crests, however.

As you get a better view into the room, you realize that the colored smoke is coming up from several braziers, where different materials are burning. As a thick veil it obscures most of chamber, but you can at times see a window in the mist and get a glimpse on the center of the room. There is a huge, brown colored altar, covered with red veins of ... something. Furthermore, on the top of it there is a karin kushol, who lies on his back, and seems dazed. On the edges of the altar, there are the five masters.

Seeing them, you heart pounds, but you instantly realize that they are not your kin. They have a similar body, however they have very small scales, almost molded into a skin. Their tails are much shorter, with a nasty looking end, and their wings are absolute black with red veins. The most repellent feature is their heads...they have flat, brutish and cruel faces (almost gargoyle-like, ooc note) and malevolent red eyes.

They are hissing in unison and it seems that they are somehow participating in the ritual, even they don't seem to do anything at all. You suddenly realize that they, or the altar, are the source of you unease, because as soon as you saw them, you got a jolt of panic and even now the sigh of the center of the room is nauseating, at best.

Ambrus

Explorer
The pensive dragon considers its feelings on the matter for a few moments; disappointment, frustration, unease, curiosity. Finally its curiosity wins out and the concealed wyrmling begins to look around to see where else it might explore while on this level. Snaking its head around it studies the interior of the chamber for other passageways or doors. It then turns its attention towards the four large doors to either side of its current position to see whether it might be able to breach them.

Nightbreeze

First Post
All of the large doors are slightly open, even if you can see almost nothing of what's inside. You are sure that you could just push them, although if they are old they could screech.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Being tiny, thin and serpentine, might my dragon be able to squeeze through if the doors are all "slighty open"? If so it'll try that; starting with just its head so it can peer inside before going in.

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: I chose a random room for you, since you have no element to chose (and to speed up things)

You manage to sneak your head and peek into the room. It is well furnished, probably as good as any paesant hut (something quite unexpected in such an environment). There is a table, with a lot of meat ready to be eaten on it. Several hides on the stone pavement, where the urgrins probably sleep, furs, heavy metallic weapons (the karin kushols had wooden clubs), and several other things that you can't see quite well, because they are hidden by other objects.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: The dragon will peek into the other three rooms quickly and, if they're all appointed similarly, it'll choose one to enter and search more thoroughly.

Nightbreeze

First Post
You peek in the second room at your left (previously you peeked in the first room on the right), and as soon as your head is in you spot the flying silhouette of a master. He, unfortunately, was just looking at your direction and spots you as soon as you seen him.

There's a blinking moment of surprise, and you are the first one to react.

ooc: I rolled initiative to see who was the first one to act, but this is not necessarily a combat sequence.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, I'm having trouble following along here. Are "urgrins" the same thing as "masters"? I thought urgrins were simply karin kushol spellcasters who served the unseen masters. So the karin kushor are essentially kobolds, the karin kushol are medium-sized kobolds and the urgrin are masters of the other two species, who look like medium-sized gargoyles? :confused:

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: You probably got confesed by the fact that I called urgrins and karin kushols separately even when you werent speaking with misskri. There is a difference for him, but yes, there are the kobolds, the middle sized kobolds (karin kushols) , the middle sized kobold shamans (urgrins), and the imp-like creatures called masters.
Maybe I even tyoped somewhere?

Remove ads