Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nightbreeze]They never said anything about a party or anyone else coming over. I don't think I can retroactively roll for sense motive though.[/sblock]

Lord Slaw

First Post
With a grin and a pop of his knee, Spider bounces his bow into the air, snagging it as he stands up. "Boring and arrogant buffoons, eh?" He clutches his gut, falls to one knees, and groans. "The jealousy... it burns!"

Watching Ethranor pace as he explains, Spider begins pacing as well - along the walls of the room. Thoughtful expression after thoughtful expression cross his features, until Ethranor finishes. Spider stands on the ceiling above him, looking up, or, from Ethranor's perspective, down. "Not as interesting as I'd like, but any port in a storm, or any blade in a throat, I suppose. Hiding the body wouldn't be so hard - if I were inclined to be particularly spiteful - which I would be - then hiding his body in the toilet itself wouldn't be a half-bad idea."

Continuing to pace on the ceiling, Spider starts rolling his head, weighing the options. "On the other hand, I much prefer the idea of offing him on his way to or from his little bash. There would definitely be less to worry about, as much as I regret missing the thrill of flight from a small legion of armed guards." He pauses for a moment, a wolfish grin spreading across his features. "Mind you, I'm not being sarcastic - I really will miss that. Sometimes they split up, and pay no mind to stragglers."

Spider touches his hands to the ceiling, and arches his back as he pushes off, landing softly in a crouch on the floor mere inches from Ethranor. Straightening up with a jerk, Spider's grin grows. "And when you say that I 'will make short work of them', them being the poisoned guards of course, are you implying what I think you're implying?" He steps back and throws open his cloak, revealing but a few of the various weapons, poisons, and other implements of death he carries and gives a short, harsh laugh. "My mind REELS with the possibilities!"

He closes his cloak and turns around, musing silently for a moment. "But, business first, fun later... what to do, what to do... You know, I'm inclined to say all three. We try our best to off him on the way to the party, with you acting oh-so-surprised when he doesn't show; if that doesn't quite fly, we proceed with plan B, and wait for him to split off before cutting him a new feedhole; finally, if all else fails and we're still alive and kicking, we jump him on his way home. We've got a bit of time to make a plan - why not three? While we plan, we might as well get professional - we should probably try to figure out the route he will take to and from the party and scout it out - I doubt that we'll be able to get too close to whatever estate that this little bash is at. Inside, we improvise."
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to make the assumption that you've worked with me before, Ethranor, and that the wall-walking or slightly psychotic attitude don't come as a huge surprise. But, hey, everybody loves a psychopath with a sense of humor, right? :] He's under control, though. No swathe of dead bodies for me. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor begins to mull over the words of his co-worker. He doesn't seem to mind the psychopatic aspects, although he finds quite funny some of the remarks. At the end, he mumbles. "If we try to kill him on his way home, and we don't manage to do that, he will hardly go on and have a nice little dinner". So, I'd say the best way is to cripple his guards while in the house, and if opportunity arises, try to kill him there. But only if good opportunity arises. Otherwise, we get him on his way home, with the crippled guards. Maybe, if we kill one of them, I can even tak his appearance? Hmm...

Well, first thing first. I'll go check information about his guards, and try to find his route. Meanwhile, I assume you have some poison, right?

Remove ads