Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (pending approval)

"Hmmm...." Saithnar mumbles to himself after hearing the story. His gaze shifts upward to where the image of the dragon had been. He strokes his short beard thoughtfully before coming to a conclusion within himself that he 'hears' echoed in the minds around him. "Dark times indeed." From the Orussian (sp?) adventurers, another thought seems to percolate and rise to the surface to be given voice by the Telepath- "What shall we do, what CAN we do...to help?"

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx, Psi1

Seated off-center but as close to the front row as he can get away with, Jinx seems hard at work filling a sheet of parchment with dense, spidery writing. He's had his hair cut, shaved, bathed, put on a clean shirt, and is doing his best to act as dignified as can be expected - and sort of ruins the effect by writing on his knee, since there's no handy writing surface nearby. It doesn't seem to bother or slow him down much.

[sblock=For those peeking at his writing]"..Presided by UMBRIN ALBION, Headmaster of the Chromatic Academy. Delegates for the Academy present were RAINE LIORE, HUMBOLDT TYNDALL, CEDRIC BRONWEN, KHARISA VALPIREN. For Medibaria, Grand Vizier RYDIK XANTHAR. Hendralia, Baron CARNAM THALASK. Fallon, Councilor ANDRIK LENTON. Orussus, RINALDO DI SENZIO, here deprived of use of His title as Knight of Monemvassia; but Attended upon by a Delegation of several Dozen more than the Next to make up for it. For Rivenblight, Sage ALEASTER THILIJAERIN, attended by One (1). Finally, Monemvassia, Court Wizard WIMPELL FRUMP.

After opening RAINE LIORE was granted the Floor, an act instantly questioned by the Esteemed Delegates of Rivenblight, Hendralia, on account of her Birth as Half-Elf. UMBRING ALBION called meeting back to Order.

RAINE LIORE proceeded to Inform the Council of the existence and Facts of one Red Dragon VILDAXARANTUS; that this Dragon was the Scourge of the Central Lands several Millenia ago, in the time of the MAGEQUEEN; that this Dragon was Defeated by Her, but Returned as the LICHWYRM; that He, Too, was Defeated, by Her, but that his Phylactery was Split in Seven parts, and Hidden in Several Locations, presumably Seven; instead of Wholly Destroyed; and that of these Parts, the PHOENIX SHARD, also called the SHARD OF REBIRTH may be employed to Resurrect this LICHWYRM; and, finally, that the Magical Seals sealing this PHOENIX SHARD in the Desert of Fire have been Tampered with. The Talk was enlivened by Illusions most vivid, but little in the way of Evidence. When this was pointed out Unceremoniously by Sage THILIJAERIN, she replied that independent Divinations would surely confirm her Information, and the Headmaster called for a recess.."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Headmaster Albion said:
"Representing Orussus, Rinaldo diSenzio."

"I am present" answers Rinaldo.

Sage Aliaster Thiliaerin said:
"The half-human mongrel?" the Rivenblight representative asks incredulously, the first marked display of emotion from the elf, "What is the meaning of this! Surely you cannot take its words seriously!"

Rinaldo adds "To had the chance to work with her once. I can garantee you can trust her. She is wise, cautious and very knowledgeable in her art. And don't get fooled by appearance. I know some humans who would gladly sell there country for a few more gold if he would have the chance to do so." At no moment, Rinaldo have looked in direction of Wimpell Frump, even if he was well aware that he would understand his words more clrealy then anyone else here.

Rayne Liore said:
"Thank you, gathered representatives. It is only as a last resort and out of concern for the lives of countless thousands that I have brought this council together. Over the last two years, I have researched some disturbing information that came to my attention, and I have discovered that we are all in grave danger from an ancient and evil foe. Who here is familiar with the name Vildaxaranthus?"

Rinaldo looks seems to become sad, just as it had seen teh raavge done by the dragon his the past, but considering the time it happen, it is clearly impossible it could be that.

Sage Aliaster Thiliaerin said:
"Oh no, the sky is falling!" Aliaster replies sarcastically, "Surely you do not expect anyone with a whit of sense to believe your ravings?"

Rinaldo adds "I have seen throught magic what might be the world in ten years from here. A world with the scars of a war that will bring the Lichwyrm. Death and destruction have touch it like a plague. But a world that was healing. A world that had vanquish this threat because it has unite their strength to figth it. If we act together, if we act now, we can stop it before it is too late.

And if you don't trust the words of an half-elf, might I suggest to asks directly to Gundar what threat is the Lychwyrm Vildaxaranthus? I think no one would doubt the word of teh Creator itself."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stands up and turn back his attention toward the people of Orussus.

Saithnar said:
"What shall we do, what CAN we do...to help?"

"A lot of thing can be done. But for now, the first thing is to convince the other nation to make an alliance. To put aside any quarrel they might have, to walk over the prejudice they have against each other. Unity will be the key against this war. After that, I think Headmistress Liore have a good idea what to do, but the war will need to be prepared. I don't think we can prevent it totally, but we will be able to shorten it, to limit the damage done to our world.

And for what YOU can do, you'll know soon enough."
answers Rinaldo.

Dargon

First Post
Nura seams to be taken a back by the news or maybe the elf's reactions to it, probably both "someone has disturbed that seal!!! How can anyone disturb an unbreakable seal and was it an accident or an ally of Vildaxaranthus. We will have to find the remaining shards before they do." and what or who is the allies of Vildaxaranthus?

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Fer the beard of my grandmother!" Krindorf exclaims upon hearing the dark news. "Why didn't they just destroy the damn things? The crystals Ah mean. Instead of puttin' it under lock!" *Grumble* "...dragons... " *Grumble* "...stupid crystals..."

BigB

First Post
Khairi, listens intently and thinks what can blades do against a lich dragon? perhaps not much but perhaps I can affect the allies of the dragon liche with my blades....and then he smiles.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Any chance for Spellcraft to know just what magics are invoked in the hall?)

Ashnar remains calm, nodding slightly when Rayne confirms that Vildaxaranthus, the name Ashnar came across in the future, was indeed the name of the Lichwyrm. She turns towards Krindorf. "There are some objects so powerful, that simple force is insufficient to destroy them. Special conditions need to be met. The phylactery shards may well be of such power."

Velmont

First Post
Opale nods at Ashnar. "True, and I think the creature can be destroy only if all the shard of his phylactery is destroyed. If they didn't knew where were the others shards, they had little option on what to do to end that threat."

"And not everything is easily destoryed, and some time, teh sacrfice might be too great for the moment. You might prefer to seal it away, waiting for a better moment to end it." Rinaldo adds, giving a quick look at Tenebrynn, Ashnar and Vanitri.

Remove ads