Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

Dargon

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Have you ever seen a solar eclipse, grey? The mewling animals go crazy, the birds flying about in the most dire of patterns as if they were to say that the sky is falling and the world is about to end. And yet, it is not so. For all the bluster and the seeming danger of the darkness come during the day, it is merely nothing at all to concern us."

"Yes I have but solar-eclipse doesn’t kill, Lichwyrms does."
Nura looks like she is going to say something as anger flashes in her eyes but she decides against it and instead she gets a cool look.
"this is going to harm anyone, including Rivenblight. You might not want to participate and you might escape without the death of anyone but the political damage would be done, what ever you are with or against I am sure whatever we must try to do will be tried, but people will get hurt and some might start to wonder why Rivenblight wasn’t willing to do anything and people will start locking for anyone involved and some don’t care about the truth, they just want someone to take their misery out on.
All this is only IF we succeed stopping this Lichwyrm. Well that is a worst case scenario, the best would be some damage to the goodwill from everyone else, harming statue and trade.
Ignoring a problem like this, don’t make it go away, As a solar-eclipse. Anyway even if you are right and this is just a storm in a glass of water do you not believe it wise to find the shards and destroy them before all this becomes a serious threat.
Beside ill guess the risk of you being wrong far outwait the costs of trying. No matter the outcome this does concern your nation, as people will remember that you were not Willing to take the thread serious. And that is how it will be seen unless you know something everyone else doesn't. you can't sit idely and watch"
again The coolness is gone again and Nura is clearly becoming emotional. for some reason this is not the Nura she has learned on the trip if she was a part of the larger group. she is tense beyond what could be expected.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dargon said:
"Yes I have but solar-eclipse doesn’t kill, Lichwyrms does."
Nura looks like she is going to say something as anger flashes in her eyes but she decides against it and instead she gets a cool look.
"this is going to harm anyone, including Rivenblight. You might not want to participate and you might escape without the death of anyone but the political damage would be done, what ever you are with or against I am sure whatever we must try to do will be tried, but people will get hurt and some might start to wonder why Rivenblight wasn’t willing to do anything and people will start locking for anyone involved and some don’t care about the truth, they just want someone to take their misery out on.
All this is only IF we succeed stopping this Lichwyrm. Well that is a worst case scenario, the best would be some damage to the goodwill from everyone else, harming statue and trade.
Ignoring a problem like this, don’t make it go away, As a solar-eclipse. Anyway even if you are right and this is just a storm in a glass of water do you not believe it wise to find the shards and destroy them before all this becomes a serious threat.
Beside ill guess the risk of you being wrong far outwait the costs of trying. No matter the outcome this does concern your nation, as people will remember that you were not Willing to take the thread serious. And that is how it will be seen unless you know something everyone else doesn't. you can't sit idely and watch"
again
(OOC: Okay, I'm going to roll an Intimidate check for that, since she's trying to shame him into action with threats of loss of face)

*The Sage gives Nura a look as if she was a lunatic.*

"And who are you to claim you know what will come, grey? Oh, but you must think this is a real threat. What a poor sweet fragile little bird you are. This Council has been nothing but a farce from the start. Or didn't you notice? Take a closer look at the other delegates--the ones not from Medibaria--and then you can leave and take your idle threats with you."

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx, Hum. Psi1

Rystil Arden said:
"Everything except the new information about the unearthing of the Phoenix Shard is a matter of historical record. As for the shard, if I recast my divination, they could just claim that I was faking it. I think the only to prove it would be if they really did independently verify it."
"So you cast a divination, and learned all this - I'll believe that." Jinx is still frowning, though, as though he's just not quite sure of something. "Some'a the folk here have a very high opinion of you."

"But it ain't me you're lookin' to convince, and I'm thinkin' explainin' the when, and how, and why to the Council is goin' to go a long way towards greasin' wheels. Better they go about verifyin' what you said quickly and assumin' it's true in the meanwhile, right?"

Velmont

First Post
Opale, seeing the reaction, isn't much surprised. Nura haven't been very diplomatic. She bow in front of the Sage. "Sage Thiliaerin, you are a wise leader, I don't doubt it. And in front of such doom teller, I agree there is many reason to not believe the words of Rayne." she tells, willingly avoiding to give any title to her. "Starting to prepare to war on the simple statement of an half-elf would not be wise. But she has based her warning on a legend that have serious fondation of truth. Your people is reknown for there skill of magic, I don't doubt you have the ressources needed to either confirm what Rayne is telling, or discredit her once and for all."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is Frump gone?[/SBLOCK]

Dargon

First Post
Had Opal not opened her mouth Nura would have made the situation far worse. Shaking with fury all she can do is walk away.
I do not make threat, You just sit and do nothing, you are so good at that, none of you did anything 42years ago even trough the evidence was right in you face so why should you do it now.

OoC: She never attempted it as an intimidate but reading through it again I se what you mean.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar shakes her head at the surrounding disorder. "Perhaps I should talk to someone after all, not that anyone listens to me. I don't suppose disbelieving mages or muddling their words is among the effects of these halls, Rayne?"

Velmont said:
Is Frump gone?
(RA may be waiting if Rinaldo reacts to Ashnar's words, perhaps?)

Heckler

First Post
Rinya scans the room until she spots Lucien. She hurries over to him asking, "Lucien, have you seen Richard? He needs to tell these people about the dragon."

Velmont

First Post
"I don't want to persuade him, I just want to be sure he doesn't ruin our efforts we are doing here. I want to know what he thinks of it and explain him that I want to put aside what happen in that caves for now. He might know I don't carry him in my heart, but he also know we have only been working for the interest of Monemvassia." explains Rinaldo.

[SBLOCK=OOC]@KO: oops, miss that post...[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
"I don't want to persuade him, I just want to be sure he doesn't ruin our efforts we are doing here. I want to know what he thinks of it and explain him that I want to put aside what happen in that caves for now. He might know I don't carry him in my heart, but he also know we have only been working for the interest of Monemvassia." explains Rinaldo.

[SBLOCK=OOC]@KO: oops, miss that post...[/SBLOCK]
(See, no one listens to me. :p)
"I don't think he really cares about that, Rinaldo." Ashnar says to the latter point. "Only insofar as it helps Monemvassia feed and protect him. He probably still views us as threats. If it were my choice, I'd watch him from afar and let him feel safe." She closes her eyes for a second. "As I said, I am certain that he will betray us later if he finds servitude under the Lichwyrm a viable option. But not now, not openly. As long as the other councilors are in favor of support, I am sure that Frump will follow suite."
Ashnar won't try anything more to stop Rinaldo from going to Frump, however.
(For what it's worth, I disagree with Ashnar. ;) I'd love to see a talk between one of the Knights and Frump. :lol: )

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin approaches the large group of conversing people. "I don't mean to be rude, butting into another person's conversation. But could somebody tell me who all these other delegates are? Sadly, I'm not as familiar with the nobles or the mages as I should be..." Dorrin grins as he says the last bit.

ooc: If someone could fill us people with lower skills in, we might be able to help as well. You don't need to write it out, just let us know what DC to go check to.

Remove ads