A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]
+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1085

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rae ArdGaoth


    Friend+

    A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

    The intrepid 'Keldarites' have just returned from saving the wizard of Grenton from a bunch of rogue elemental guardians, unleashed by a couple of bad bandits. Scorched, sore, and in some cases sodden, the adventurers released Thyrin from a prison of his own making. Concerned about future problems from associates to the now-dead bandits, Thyrin has hired the adventurers who saved him to investigate the robbers further. With only a book of maps and a rather odd shovel to go on, the Keldarites returned to Orussus in hopes of finding a bard to assist them.
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth; Monday, 21st January, 2008 at 10:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block covaithe


    Friend+
    "So I've been thinking," Tommy says as the party arrives in Orussus. "If we intend to continue traveling together for some time, perhaps we should come up with a name for our little adventuring troupe." He smiles and gives a little self-deprecating half shrug. "It might seem presumptuous, but If we're not careful, the bards are going to start actually calling us the Keldarites, and you-know-who's head will probably explode from over-swelling."

  3. #3
    OOC: Just checking in

  4. #4
    "You would as well beg the tide not to turn, or the leaves not to fall, or the moon not to wax and wane, my friend," says Keldar. "But if you don't like 'the Keldarites', we can always insist on 'the Warbrayvians'."
    OOC
    Also present! Thought I might try out coloured text for Keldar in this new adventure, since I seem to be the only one who doesn't use it.
    When we left Thyrin, did we leave as the proud owners of our new magic items?

  5. #5
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rae ArdGaoth


    Friend+
    OOC: Oh, yes, of course. I'll go edit the last post right away, but yes, you received your rewards.

  6. #6
    The man with the probe
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    22,814
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Bront


    Friend+
    OOC: Need a judge?

  7. #7
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rae ArdGaoth


    Friend+
    "Yes, yes I think there's time. A few minutes."

    The nearest sailor is snoozing in the crow's nest. The only people on the deck are Fimble and Tarag, with the first mate at the wheel.

  8. #8
    "Fimble, you're quieter than I am. Go down below and wake our companions. Tell them to prepare for battle - quietly. I'll go and warn the mate."

    Tarag then strolls over to the mate. (No need to alarm any watcher unnecessarily.)

    "We have a few minutes before a ship sailing without lights behind that island there intercepts us. I have sent Fimble below to rouse my companions. If we allow them to close, we can give them a surprise as they attempt to board - or we can stand off and try to discourage them, although my companions are not expert at fighting at a distance."

    "The third option is that we try to outrun them - although that is in your hands rather than ours."

  9. #9
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rae ArdGaoth


    Friend+
    Fimble nods and zips down to the group's private cabin. He wakes everybody up with a rough shake. He says, "Get up, get your combat gear, there be pirates on the horizon! Galwynn, there should be enough time to get your armor on, if you get out of bed right now!" Fimble's weasel squeaks excitedly.

    The first mate's eyes grow wide. He listens to Tarag's suggestions and says, "The captain must needs be wake upped, as well as the whole crews. We stand to have better chance when many crews are here, I thinks. This old girl will never win races versus a pirate ship, unless... We could row, and mayhaps we loses them that way. What says you?"

  10. #10
    Tarag would rather close with the pirates and deal with them face to face but recognizes that it might save lives if they can outrun them. Still, once they run they lose any opportunity of counter-surprise. He hesitates before answering.

    OOC
    I'd rather not make this call on my own. What chance do we have of dealing with them at a distance? And what would the rest of you prefer to do?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Wizards Spectacular Shovel?
    By Imperialus in forum Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 09:56 AM
  2. Please welcome Bront as a new PbP Moderator!
    By Piratecat in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Friday, 17th August, 2007, 05:23 PM
  3. Replies: 87
    Last Post: Wednesday, 16th May, 2007, 08:58 AM
  4. Attn Bront!
    By Darrin Drader in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Friday, 9th September, 2005, 03:58 AM
  5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
    By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •