A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=XP Awards: ]I think it's time for some XP, what do you say?

For initial investigative work: 300 XP each
For working together to decipher the book: 400 XP to each
For subduing a cloaked intruder: 200 XP each
For befriending Fingers: 100 XP each
For handling the first trap: 200 XP each
For handling all subsequent traps: 200 XP each
For battling the balconeers: 1250 XP each

Subtotal: 2650 XP each

This puts you each at level 5. The last XP award was 7/19/08, and 12 months have passed since then.

12 (months) * 5 (level) * 50 = 3000 XP each

Subtotal: 5650 XP each

Additionally:

For putting a corrupt port official in his place: 300 XP to Keldar
For playing along: 100 XP to Tommy and Tarag
For being so incredibly talkative, all the time, and keeping the game lively: 500 XP to Keldar
For keeping Keldar in line: 200 XP to Tarag
For being pivotal in the deciphering of the book: 200 XP to Tommy

Grand Total:
6450 XP to Keldar
5950 XP to Tarag
5950 XP to Tommy[/sblock]

"Illusion is my specialty, I suppose. I can alter myself to look like someone else, and I can create a large image over the rest of you, but the subtler points of intricate glamers are beyond me. Such a large illusion would be an effective disguise from afar, but close up there's a great risk of interaction that would ruin our cover."

OOC: Fimble speaks of alter self and minor image. Minor image is just a figment, so it "cannot make something seem to be something else". I take that to mean that it's probably impractical to disguise people.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes, that's really great, Fimble," says Keldar, flipping on a smile and nodding rapidly.

"What good's that?" he whispers to Tommy. "No one notices him anyway. Half the time I don't remember he's here."

"Or maybe... I was hoping we could, I don't know, all turn invisible. Or swim out to a geyser and ride it down. Can't you wizards fly, or float like thistledown, or climb walls like spiders?"

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I think Trouvere is still on vacation. I need to level Tommy up still, since I am a horrible person my attention has been elsewhere. I'll try to do that now.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Or turn into a sparrow? Or snap your fingers and appear a thousand feet away? Or turn to smoke and drift on the wind? At all?" Keldar continues, little daunted by the silent response to his suggestions.

covaithe

Explorer
"Hmm? What?" Tommy startles. "Sorry, Keldar, I was... thinking."

When Keldar patiently repeats himself, Tommy frowns. "Well, yes, many of those things can be done. I can do a few of them myself, such as turn one person invisible for a short time, or climb a wall like a spider. Though it's more like a lizard, really. I can even cause someone to fly for a short time." He grins, suddenly boyish again. "I'm kind of proud of that, I've only just been able to master the trick of it. I've never been able to turn lots of people invisible, though I think I might be able to manage it now, with the right spell. I'm not sure what that is, though. And I don't know how to float like down. I'm sure it can be done, but I don't have the spell for it. Fimble, do you know it? It seems like a useful thing to know, in Fallon."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Lucky you don't, if you ask me," says Keldar. "If you did, just imagine: someone would make the crazy suggestion that we leap headlong into the darkness of the canyon, plummeting past any curious eyes unseen, and float to the ground at the very last second. In fact, if I knew the spell, I'd be tempted to pretend I didn't!"

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, that spell. Er, well, yes, I think I may know it. But do you think it that would really go unobserved? At the Academy, there was always someone watching the library tower, because there were always younger students daring each other to jump off, and not all of them knew the spell as well as they thought they did, if you take my meaning."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah! Ah!" says Keldar sympathetically. "Of course I do! I'm not silly. You're worried that you're still shaky with some of your spells, and you don't want the terrifying responsibility on your shoulders. I guessed as much."

covaithe

Explorer
"Shaky? Of course not! You don't think that I was one of the ones who fell off the tower, do you? Ha! I spent my time in far more fruitful pursuits, I'm sure. And if I had jumped, I assure you they wouldn't have needed to call the chaplain for me." Tommy colors as he speaks, and his voice is a little more loudly than necessary.

[sblock=ooc]What I have in mind is that the feather-fall-off-the-tower game was one of those invitation-only games that the popular students played, probably while drunk after hitting a few taverns. I'm seeing Tommy as more the kind who would be looking out the library windows, wishing someone would ask him to join them. A good sense motive check might pick up some of that, but I'm not going to bother setting a DC.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases