A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
That's correct, the ship hands have only their cutlasses and what you provided them with.

Galwynn, leaning forward over the railing, is apparently a tempting target for the sniping scumbag. He hits. (19, 2 damage) Galwynn detects lots of evil, from everybody on that ship.

Go go round 2!

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar draws another arrow and looses again.

OOC: 1d20+6-2+1=17, 1d8+2=3 for Burly 6, 36 left

OOC: in round 1, I took a -4 range penalty (I also included a +1 for bless thinking Tarag had already cast it); I've included a -2 for range this round, but Galwynn's detect evil has pinged, so how far away is the other ship now?

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy draws his wand of missiles and fires one off at the sniper, hoping to draw his fire, since Tommy is now well protected from arrows. Marcus takes another shot with the crossbow at the nearest Burly, shooting more accurately this time.

ooc: It's not entirely clear to me if magic missile is in range at "one range increment". MM from the wand has 120' range, which is exactly one range increment for a heavy crossbow. On the other hand, 130' away would still be one range increment for all the relevant ranged weapons, but would be out of range for MM. If the sniper is not in range for MM, Tommy will ready the wand for when he does come in range. Damage is 1d4+1=3, and there are 2 charges remaining after this. Marcus' shot: 1d20 +2(dex) -2(range) +1(bless) = 18, damage 1d8=2

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, HP 26/28

"Well, that was probably a dumb idea." Galwynn grumbles, and then ducks behind a railing. He throws a rare grin at Marlowe, who responds shakily.

Galwynn digs in his backpack, and throws a healing potion at the grizzled sailor. "Here. It's a healing potion. Some of us are going to get hurt, I think. If one of us falls, pull their body to safety and use the potion to bring them back."

Marlowe nods, gravely.

[sblock=Galwynn's Companions (2)]

Crew
Pitr, brash youth
Human Expert 1, 5 HP
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
BAB +0, Grp +2
Feats: Deft Hands, Skill Focus: Climb

Marlowe, Veteran Sailor
Crew
Human Expert 1, 5 HP
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
BAB +0, Grp +2
Feats: Endurance, Skill Focus (Sailor)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (Heals 2d8+3)
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Largish OOC: ]In my usual fashion, by simplifying the rules, I have, in effect, complicated them further.

The ships are each moving forward at a rate of 100 ft/round. But the pirate ship is moving west while the merchant ship moves north. They'll collide in 3 rounds (well, 1 round ago it was three rounds). So the aftmost (is that even a word?) points of the ships are 423' apart in round 1, 282' in round 2, and 141' apart in round 3. The foremost (that is a word, but I don't think it means what I'm making it mean...) points are 358', 217', and 76' apart. I'm not calculating the distance from every point, just... extrapolate from that best you can.

This means, of course, that Galwynn's detect evil shouldn't have worked. For the sake of not retconning, there is so much evil on that pirate ship that Galwynn could detect it even at this distance.

Tommy, at the aft of the ship, can fire the wand in round 3. (Let's say. =P )

On a related note, none of your arrows have hit yet.[/sblock]

Fimble fires his crossbow again, and the bolt flies past its target and easily pierces the lake water.

Rapture's up for round 2.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Round 3:

"Oh dear. Hold on!" Fimble fires one last (useless, unfortunately) bolt at the other ship before crouching and grabbing the railing. Indeed, the collision is imminent, despite the first mate leaning on the ship's wheel all the way to the left.

The sniper, seeing that Galwynn has ducked behind the railing, chooses an easier target: Will, the javelin wielding boy in the crow's nest. At this close distance, the arrow flies true, soaring right through the gaps between the rail posts, into the boy's chest. (Hits AC 24, 4 damage to Will) Will squeals in pain but does not fall.

One more round of ranged combat, then things get messy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases