A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tarag slams his morningstar into Turket's head with a loud crack. Dazed, Turket's eyes cross momentarily. He regains his composure just in time to catch three more magic missiles in the face.

With a bewildered look, he falls, slowly, his ponytail trailing behind his head like the tail of a comet. He slams against the ground and doesn't get up.

Combat over

Trouvere

Explorer
Disappointment and relief pass over Keldar's face in quick succession as Turket finally falls. He stands on one foot, obviously considering giving Turket's giblets another working over with the boot for his own satisfaction, but instead he sheathes his weapons and slips nimbly through the grease to push the door closed.

"Don't let him die on us now," he says. "Right, help is on the way, Tommy. For I too have the power of healing. Well, I expect so. How hard can it be?"

He plucks the healing wand from his belt and makes a few preparatory flourishes. "In the name of Keldarion!" he exclaims, then reluctantly adds the command word given when it was purchased. "It works! You're getting your colour back. Say when. Fimble?"

"So, what in enworld was that cold slimy shadow? It hurt! And it nearly turned my stomach. But I've eaten a lot of too old fish in my time, so it wasn't quite enough."

"It didn't reach so far as me, so I could see it well," Fimble says. "It was evil distilled, an unholy blight. Do you agree, Tommy, with your closer view?"[sblock=OOC]CLW wand uses.
3 for Tommy: 6, 9, 7. He's fully healed. 1 for Fimble: 8. So's Fimble. 46/50 charges remaining. Let's see how far Tarag's healing goes before I top up Keldar.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Yes, I think you're right, Fimble. I've never seen it before, obviously, and I was, uh, a bit distracted at the time. But it certainly matches what I've read. You know, that's a spell that some devils can cast. That might explain how Turket didn't even flinch when Tarag smacked him with a mace. But if he's a devil, he must be disguised somehow... Perhaps we should check him for magic?"

Feeling much better, Tommy suits actions to words, casting detect magic and examining Turket's body closely.

ooc: spellcraft 19, kn(planes) 25.

Trouvere

Explorer
"A devil! You say it so matter-of-factly. Could he not be some kind of evil priest or wizard?" Keldar asks. "But there may be something untoward. When I kicked him, what should have been his tender portions felt like iron."

"And what about his fireball, and that thing?" he says, indicating the charred remains of Turket's entangling rope.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Knowledge (The Planes) DC 20]A certain type of devil called an Erinyes often wields a rope which the devil uses to entangle its foes, lift them high up off the ground, and slam them down. (You also know everything else in the Erinyes monster block.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Tommy]There are several magical auras about the area. Some emanate from your companions, but those you already know about. You quickly focus on Turket's fallen form.

A necklace emanates a moderate evocation aura. There are three short chains on the necklace, two from which blood red spheres dangle. One of the orbs is about twice the size of the other.

The ribbon in his hair emanates a faint illusion aura. The aura is exactly like Keldar's new hat.

His boots emanate an aura of faint transmutation.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases