A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar allows Tarag to take hold of him, but he braces against the pull for just long enough to make it clear that the slightly built human is several notches stronger than the dwarven smith.

Combining a skeptical eyebrow and a sneer worthy of Galwynn, he indicates the chattering librarians out in the main hall and Tommy taking refuge from them in the side room.[sblock=OOC]New rule: anyone else who wants to shove Keldar, grab Keldar, or slap Keldar in the back of the head had better manage to beat initiative +7 (that's a 19.5% chance for init +0), or they'll find themselves pointlessly stirring the air while being laughed at anywhere from 30 to 120 feet away. :p[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Leaving the librarians to their excitement, you manage to escape the library without paying the standard fee. At the door, a clerk merely waves you on, shaking his head if you reach for your coins.

The College's magic shop has an incredible inventory. And beyond arcane spell components, enchanted items of all sorts are available for purchase.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh ho!" says Keldar. "Do you know di Senzio's shop back home, Tommy? Best prices anywhere, they say, but when I've wandered past, there's nothing to be had but tattered scrolls and dusty potions, most of them found by adventurers who knows where. This is something else!"

Keldar wanders off like a child in a, well, magic shop. If he keeps both hands firmly on the sheath of his recovered rapier, it's certainly not because he doesn't trust them to stay by his sides of their own accord. He quickly picks up a trailing shop assistant and peppers him with questions.

"Hat of Disguise? Doesn't look like much of a disguise to me! Although I suppose you could pull the brim down low. But for that price? Hmm. No? Really? That's what it can do? Just like Bazdek Quickfoot in Larry Birchwald's books! Hack though he is, you have to say he does his research. Something Lakeward should learn, I suppose. Well, that's fascinating. No, no, I won't buy just yet - I'll talk to my own wizard retainer first. And this is where you keep your scrolls?"

For the amount of talking he does, Keldar returns with only a very small collection of objects.

"Ah hah! Tarag, Tommy - anything caught your eye? They have hats and gloves that do wonderful things. Look, I bought a novelty gift bag, just like yours, to remember our productive visit." He threads the pouch through his belt on his left hip. He strikes a pose, which perhaps is intended to imply hidden arcane power, and - not quite as smoothly as Tommy - pulls something out from one of the many carefully organised pockets inside the pouch.

"Ooo... liquorice root! Charming." He pops it in his mouth. "Delicious."[sblock=OOC]I only want to buy a spell component pouch and a scroll for Tommy (a spell that Fimble has in his book, but oh well)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"This certainly is a wonderfully equipped shop," remarks Tommy appreciatively, browsing through the wands. After seeing Keldar's interest in the hat of disguise, he waits for a moment where they can speak quietly. "I can make one of those for you if you like, for a better price than you'll get here. It would take a few days, though."

Before leaving, Tommy buys a small supply of ink for inscribing arcane spells into his spellbook.

ooc: just fluff; I'll pay the cost normally when I actually write spells in.

Trouvere

Explorer
"You can? Thank goodness! Because do you think it would have to be a hat? Could you perhaps bind the magic to a fine silk ribbon? I rarely wear a hat, but I do tie my hair out of the way. If I were wearing a magical hat, I'd be constantly disguising myself to appear as if I were not wearing one, even when there was no need. I'm sure that would grow tedious. And how could I doff such a hat in the presence of ladies? With a ribbon instead, I could wear a normal hat, if I liked, remain disguised, and still make a low bow. A sweeping bow is often improved if one has a hat in one's hand, you know."

Keldar digs around in his new pouch and upends the resulting small packet of sesame seeds into his mouth. "I had no idea wizarding was such hungry work."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble smiles as Keldar roams the magic shop. He replenishes his own magic supplies at the counter and browses while the other shop. Tarag stands like a stone statue at the door, perhaps embarrassed at Keldar's enthusiasm.

Your business here finished, Fimble asks eagerly, "To Turket's house?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar shrugs. "If that corpulent troublemaker is waiting for us there, then he is. But I'm sure he won't be. Not after tangling once with Keldar Warbray."

Keldar rummages again. "Ha! I know what this is! Is there nothing in here but preserved food?" He waggles a rubbery white thing between finger and thumb. "Inkfish tentacle! Ah, this takes me back. Happy times, happy times. Let's go."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Your journey takes you up to the lower middle levels of the Fallon crater. Fimble barely has to lead the way, you're getting so used to traveling in the city.

Stepping off the elevator, you climb walk a few staircases blocks and find yourself in a dark area. The magical lighting that illuminates most of the crater caverns is not well maintained here. Fimble tells you tales of being an apprentice wizard and putting out the city lights as a prank. "But they were always lit again..."

Winding your way further from the staircase, the houses become smaller and older. Except for one house, looming largely at the end of the wide corridor, set into the stone wall. Turket's house.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar knocks slowly and portentously three times with the hilt of his sword. "Orussus-Fallon collaborative architectural inspection service, sir!" he calls.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases