A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Wik

First Post
"Great.... more time. What about... that guy? I'm sure he knows enough to get by. We're in something of a hurry." Galwynn says, pointing at some passing clerk. He feels out of place here; his armour doesn't seem to mesh well with the meticulously-crafted walls.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Exactly! Tiny holes in the rock!" says Keldar, mostly ignoring Galwynn. "There's room for improvement, wouldn't you say? And here I am, a famous wealthy adventurer, and with me a dwarf and a gnome with stonework in their very blood. We can do better than a tiny hole in the rock. But maintaining the integrity of a structure is important, don't you think? So we'd like advice, from a native if possible. Perhaps we should speak with your local expert right away, though. Is she -" Keldar contrives to look mildly lascivious - "young and unmarried, by any chance?"

Wik

First Post
Galwynn scowls and rolls his eyes at the heavens. "The next quest you send us on, Halina, should be at a nunnery. Or a monastery with a vow of silence. Either will suffice."

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm a bit confused here; weren't we here to find the specific architect who worked on Thyrin's tower, who we were led to believe was native Fallonese? Am I wrong about that? Are you guys working towards that, by some plan too cunning for my feeble brain? :) I just want to make sure I'm not confused OOC before Tommy gets too confused IC.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: Les pensées de Keldar]Keldar didn't want to ask straight out, in case the guildmaster clerk [yeah, I pay attention!] is in on it, or in case he'd assume we'd threaten one of his members and feel obliged to send a warning; and he was a bit surprised to hear there is no male Fallonese guildmember, so is now wondering whether the non-native female expert might have married a no good disreputable Fallonese who's taking advantage of his wife's connections - but he doesn't want to just ask that either, so he's playing to the typical womanizing adventurer stereotype. It makes sense in his head. Also, he just likes making stuff up [edit: though I think each of his statements has been true, from a particular point of view, except perhaps the wealthy and famous adventurer part].[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Tiny hovels in rock? Surely you're not both forgetting the famous towers of Fallon's College of Wizardry? Though the college itself is only mediocre, the towers are said to be some of the tallest anywhere." Tommy remarks, seemingly oblivious to Keldar's machinations.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Posh, those towers are so poorly planned, crammed right up next to each other, and in such a tight little area, awful design, simply awful! If it weren't for the magic holding them together, they'd fall right down, I'd bet my spectacles. Fallon has special circumstances, I know, I know, spare me the lectures, but their current set up is hardly aesthetically pleasing, is it now."

"As for our own architect, she specializes in the utilitarian aspect of architecture, fortunately for you. Function over form, we all have our priorities, I suppose. But Ms. Lehmensek can usually be found at her desk in the main drawing room. Go back to the foyer, and straight through the courtyard. You can't miss it."

He looks at Keldar and says, with a twinkle in his eye, "And yes, that's Ms. Lehmensek."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar's smile grows. "We'll pay her a visit, then. Thank you for your help. Oh, I should have introduced myself. Lokin, Lokin Barn-swill. Goodbye!"

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn scowls and rolls his eyes at the heavens. "The next quest you send us on, Halina, should be at a nunnery. Or a monastery with a vow of silence. Either will suffice."
"In some cultures, women are only allowed to associate with eunichs until they are wed or otherwise possessed," Rapture says to Galwynn.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn grunts, and then takes another look at "Lokin". "Lucky women, if it keeps them away from barnswill over here. I hope they enjoy the silence - I'm sure 'Lokin' even talks in his sleep!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases