A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
When they return to the foyer, Keldar comments softly, "I didn't want to sully the name of Warbray with a reputation for lechery. But no harm can be done to Lokin Barnwill's reputation, because he's an unscrupulous philandering villain, with an eye for women who are far too good for him, and everyone knows it. But now what?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Not Keldar! But we seem to be on a false trail. There's no man from Fallon, and Ms Lehmensek doesn't have a husband who might have been from there. Did you think the Clerk was a little dismissive of architects with an interest in Fallon? Perhaps such a guild member was once expelled in disgrace. Of course he wouldn't want to talk about it. Or no... hmm... one gold piece says Ms Lehmensek look so much like a man that Thyrin's old eyes were fooled. Better be on our guard with her."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I feel sure he said he hired a man, but I daresay we should have asked him a few more questions at the time," Keldar says. "Now that I think of it, I don't know that he ever said for certain that they ever met face to face. And he probably finds letters just as real as people."[sblock=Thyrin's original comments]"Aha! You see, I told you that fellow was a scoundrel! Ah, you all are unaware of course. When I first built my tower, I commissioned a Fallonese architect living in Orussus to draw up the plans. He was a likable fellow, and supposedly had experience in designing some of the public buildings in Fallon, but something didn't smell right about him. I paid him and sat on the plans for a while, and then decided to scrap them and make my own plans."[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, there's no sense in sitting here speculating when the person we're talking about is nearby. Let's go see her. Or him. Whatever." Tommy sets off at a brisk pace.

ooc: Rae, were you waiting for us again? I think we may have been waiting for you again. :/

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Yes, I was waiting for you guys. =P It sounded like you were considering leaving, without talking to Ms. Lehmensek.

The gang walks past the front door clerk again, who nods politely. In the pleasantly simple courtyard, there are many windows facing inward, and a couple of doors. Across the lawn is a pair of doors similar to the ones you just walked through. They are open today, giving you a view of the large room beyond them.

There are many tables, about 10, although only three are occupied currently. At one, there are two men perusing some drawings, consulting a large volume in between sketches. At another, there is another man, younger, who is simply reading.

And at a third is a woman. She is middle-aged, perhaps in her early 40's. The papers on her desk, unlike the others, are neatly organized. She's working on a detailed drawing, writing very carefully, consulting her several arrayed sketches every few strokes. Her parchment is of high quality, she's probably working on a final draft of some design.

When you enter the room, all the heads inside glance up and take notice of you, but nobody pays you much attention.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn merely grunts at all the architects, and needlessly points out the woman. "That's her."

He stops before getting close, though. Turning to "Lokin", he mutters "I'll play no part in your little games, thief. Lie to the woman, if you must, but don't get too carried away. Promise that."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I can do that!" says Keldar. He considers. "Or perhaps you'd better talk to her."

"She doesn't look like a criminal mastermind. Of course, they never do."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn frowns. "Me? Really? I... I suppose so."

Galwynn approaches the woman shyly, and takes a seat. "Um... hello, Miss. Me and my companions were sent your way... we'd have a few questions we were, um, hoping you could answer for us.

I'm Galwynn, and these are my friends Tommy, Rapture, and Keldar... don't look at her like that, thief... And we were hoping you might be able to, um, help us out... Wait, I already said that."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases