A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
"I'm Galwynn, and these are my friends Tommy, Rapture, and Keldar... don't look at her like that, thief... And we were hoping you might be able to, um, help us out... Wait, I already said that."
"Chief, he said chief," says Keldar, nodding reassuringly.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The woman looks up at Galwynn; she seems surprised that these people are here for her. She puts her pen down and looks at Galwynn expectantly as he stutters out his request. "Mmhmm..." she nods, in between his words.

When he 'finishes', she says, "I'm May Lehmensek, it's, er... nice to meet you. Eh, yes, so then... What, exactly...?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Don't mind me," says Keldar, reaching across to take the pen. He retrieves a piece of paper from the top of the neat stack. His eyes seem to glaze over as he begins writing quickly in the margin.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Eh, coul- Er, you- Um..." The woman stutters and reaches weakly for her materials as Keldar confiscates them. She sighs and sets her hands in her lap. Turning to Rapture she says, "Hmm? Details, please? You're being rather vague."

Trouvere

Explorer
"It might well be a confidential matter," says Keldar. With another of his brilliant smiles, he carefully returns the pen, and lays the paper back on the pile it came from.[sblock=DMRae]Keldar has hastily composed two separate but related verses for the edification of Ms Lehmensek:
While listening to a lengthy lecture
On your style of architecture,
It seemed to me, from a remark,
That our dear old friend, the Clerk,
Thinks of your function not your form;
But if you'd rather he were warm,
You need to put away your shyness
To lure him in with subtle slyness.

Let him peer, if you've designs,
At your parallel projections:
He can read between the lines,
And will make some close inspections!
If you've let him know what's what,
He won't just calculate from tomes
Compressive forces on your butt-
Ress, or your stately pleasure domes.​
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Growing impatient, Tommy butts in. "A friend of ours in Grenton commissioned a wizard's tower a few years ago from a Fallonese architect working here in Orussus. We were hoping to locate him, to ask him some questions about the design. Do you know anyone who might fit that description?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Perhaps he worked outside the guild, or left its membership, or has retired," Keldar offers. "The Clerk couldn't think of anyone but you."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Somewhat distracted by Keldar's writing, she answers, "Hmm... Let me think... There was indeed a Fallonese guildmember here, more than a few years ago though. I think... Oh yes, I remember, how could I forget? He fell into some trouble with the authorities here. Something about funding thieves, I think. He had to pay a hefty fine, and then he left. You can ask the Clerk, but I think he returned to Fallon." Her eyes are drawn towards Keldar's note, and she starts skimming it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases