A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Boddynock

First Post
"Hmph!" says Tarag, somewhat frustrated with all this traipsing to and fro (and defiinitely wondering what can be done to teach Keldar some manners).

"Fallon, now, is it? Well, I'd best be getting the Forge in order for a lengthy absence, I suppose. Oh, and miss, could you tell us the name of this Fallonese architect, please?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"That makes a great deal of sense," says Keldar, wagging a thoughtful finger in a manner that manages to include both May Lehmensek's words and his own note.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
May's eyebrow raises as she reads the letter. Ripping her eyes away, she answers Tarag, "Oh, his name... um... Sorry, it escapes me. Something like Urfton or Upton or Umson... Uh-something."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn is completely taken away at all this discussion around him. He has never really been much of a talker. And the thief, despite being mostly quiet, still had to cause trouble somehow.

"Right. A name of the architect would be great. We can talk to the clerk about it - or maybe the town guard? And maybe we should get ready for a trip to Fallon?"

Pausing for a moment, he tries to smile at the lady. It fails miserably, and makes Galwynn look much younger than he actually is. "Thank you. You've been a great help."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Well, if you think the Clerk should know..." says Keldar, rising and bowing, "...then several lives may have been changed today." He smiles cheerfully. "Thank you for your time."

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, that was productive," Tommy says, rubbing his hands cheerfully as they walk back to the clerk. "You see what can be accomplished with a straightforward approach, Keldar? No clever inventions or half-baked plots, just simple questions and helpful answers, with no one upset or embarrassed. Uh, by the way, what were you writing to her?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"If you ask me, we were just lucky the risk paid off. Galwynn even used our real names! One of these days, I won't have a cunning plan ready when we do need one, and then where will we be?

But still, once it became obvious she had nothing to do with the thieves, I took a liking to her. So, you remember that the Clerk was a little sniffily dismissive of her designs? Function over form, he said. I wrote her a little poem offering advice on how to get him to appreciate her a bit more.
"

Keldar stops short.

"Uh oh."

Trouvere

Explorer
"There are only so many rhymes in the Common tongue, you know," Keldar suddenly says defensively. "I think I might have suggested she should encourage the Clerk to take a closer look at the parallel projections of her stately pleasure domes. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases