A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

covaithe

Explorer
Galwynn said:
Galwynn does his best not to laugh. He looks away, and towards the sky. "Looks like we'll be heading to Fallon. Want to help me pick up supplies? Do you think we'll need to buy horses?"

"Sure, Galwynn, I'll help you shop. Horses might help us get there faster, or I suppose we could take a riverboat. I don't know how long that would take. But then, are we really in a hurry? As far as we know, there's nothing on fire this time." Tommy muses, following Galwynn.

Trouvere

Explorer
"That went very well, all things considered. Who wants to lend me fifty crowns? A riverboat sounds more diverting than horseback," Keldar says.

Solange

First Post
"Surely the legendary Keldar Warbray should have no trouble earning such coin though song and poem, no?" Rapture jests. "A river boat does sound better than a horse though."

Wik

First Post
"Yes... riverboats don't bite fingers. Or kick you. Into mud. Or.... worse" Galwynn nods.

OOC: Plus, they're cheaper! On the downside, fully-armoured paladins don't swim all that well, I hear...

covaithe

Explorer
"Yes, about all they can do to you is sink. Or burn, I suppose. Or maybe explode. Or there might be pirates. But it does sound exciting!" Tommy rambles.

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Surely the legendary Keldar Warbray should have no trouble earning such coin though song and poem, no?" Rapture jests.
"Sweetness," says Keldar, "since the day we met, I've left a good handful with Volidar, and otherwise been thrown two crowns, two shields and two pennies, and I returned gold in place of the copper. People don't care for art like they used to. That's why bards lead all the best adventuring parties these days."

"But thanks for calling me legendary. You're by far my favourite holy warrior."

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
OOC: Plus, they're cheaper! On the downside, fully-armoured paladins don't swim all that well, I hear...
OOC: We must test this theory. For science!

"Pirates, bandits, close enough," Rapture says, "and I've not heard of a riverboat exploding without magical assistance." She cocks an accusitory eye at Tommy before she winks at him.

Wik

First Post
"Pirates and bandits. It'll be nice to deal with firm, honest folk for once." Galwynn looks at Keldar knowingly for a moment.

OOC: Yeah, let's test the theory. You first. ;)

covaithe

Explorer
"Before we get too excited about riverboats, should we perhaps check with the Guard here in Orussus about this Orton fellow? If the man has criminal connections, it will help if we know as much as possible about them before we make inquiries in Fallon." Tommy sounds less than enthusiastic about the possibility of dealing with the authorities.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I don't know, some of the Guardsmen have pretty long memories... er, which may be helpful when, um, the rest of you talk with them." Keldar points at Galwynn. "Because I'm not going to go visit the Guard with him. He can't keep from calling me 'thief' which just isn't true anym- at all, I mean. Anyway, just as soon as someone lends me fifty crowns, or even five, I have other things to do. I need to see a halfling who knows a man."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases