A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Wik

First Post
"Thief, could you climb in the rigging, and shoot down? And use your men as snipers? It'd clear our deck. And don't worry about us... we're charging."

Galwynn's men exchange worried glances with each other. Marlowe, an older man with stubble that is already salt-and-pepper, gulps nervously but does his best to avoid thinking about the charge he'll soon be involved in. Pitr, the younger of the two, with a massive adam's apple, is grinning awkwardly, and taking a few practice swings with his cutlass.

[sblock=Galwynn's Companions (2)]
Crew
Pitr, brash youth
Human Expert 1, 5 HP
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
BAB +0, Grp +2
Feats: Deft Hands, Skill Focus: Climb

Marlowe, Veteran Sailor
Crew
Human Expert 1, 5 HP
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
BAB +0, Grp +2
Feats: Endurance, Skill Focus (Sailor)
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"No," says Keldar. "Not unless you ask nicely. And probably not even then. Although..." He looks up at the lad in the crow's nest. "Why don't you stay up there, and hurl these?" Keldar pulls out his other three javelins, and sends them floating upwards one at a time. "Yes, yes, Keldar too is a master of magic."

OOC: Keldar likes his Dex to AC.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy leads Franz, Marcus, and Ivan up towards the rear of the boat to join Fimble. "Your top priority is to keep anyone from getting close to Fimble and me," Tommy instructs his charges. "Depending on where they try to come aboard, we may have to take a more active role. I'll tell you what to do. Don't worry; Keldar may be a little full of it, but we really have been in worse scrapes than this and come out fine. Fimble, how close are they getting to us? And, uh, what direction are they in? I still can't see them."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar nods his agreement. "We even bearded the Lehmensek in her den," he says.

"Guy-with-my-whip," he continues, "I'd like you to stay hereabouts no matter what. Help whoever needs it most, and if you see anyone within reach on the other ship, give them a tickle. Keep them away from the young'un up there."

Keldar points at the other two, with his head on one side, perhaps pondering how it is he's not learned the names of any of the sailors while everyone else has. "You two," he says softly, "if Galwynn gets himself and your mates into trouble, as seems likely, you can head over to the rescue. I can be in more places at once with a bow, I think, but if anyone gets too hard pressed, I'll draw blades."

"I think I've said all I need to." He looks to the prow where Rapture stands, wondering what she plans, but does not ask her.

Boddynock

First Post
"Right, then. I'm a priest of Chennet', which means that I can bring the God's healing to our friends. That means that I'll need to move around, so you two had better be ready to go with me."

"Now, what are your names? William, eh? Good, and ... James. All right. I'm Tarag. Let's hold the line here. Each of you guard the steps to the mid-deck: William, you on the port and James on the starboard. I'll be here in between you, and ready to assist either of you if you need it."

"For now, though, I'm going forward to call on the God's blessing for us - it won't take but a moment."

Tarag heads to stand just to port of the foremast, and waits there until the battle is joined. He then casts Bless. By the momentary tightening of their skin, and the surge of fire in their hearts, all on board know that they have been blessed by the Forge God. The cleric then resumes his place.

[sblock=OOC]+1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws against fear effects. Lasts 3 minutes.

Tarag waits until just before battle is joined before casting the spell and then heading back to take his place between William and James. That's W @ A9, T @ B9 & J @ C9.[/sblock][sblock=Spells & Turnings]Spells per day: 4 / 3+1/2+1

Orisons:
Detect Magic
Guidance
Guidance
Light

Level 1:
Bless
Burning hands (Fire domain)
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

Level 2:
Bull’s Strength