A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront] - Page 27





  1. #261
    OOC: I take it the ship hands have no ranged weapons?

    Rapture will take a shot at the archer on the other ship. Lenny and Karl will take cover (total defensive action) if they have no other immediate course of action to take (a ranged weapon)

    OOC: Rapture makes a bow attack. (1d20 4=17, 1d8=1)
    PbP Stuff
    Solange Shepherd, Cleric of Zephos.
    Spells

    Level 0: Save DC 13
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Light
    3 Guidance
    4 Resistance
    Level 1: Save DC 14
    D Longstrider
    1 Bless
    2 Cause Fear
    3 Summon Monster 1
    Level 2: Save DC 15
    D Locate Object
    1 Sound Burst
    2 Summon Monster 2
    1
    Rapture, Paladin of Valessa
    Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe of Sairundan
    Lily d'Orien Kalashtar Orphan Wilder
    Lori Bender (Lor), Human/Half-Elf/Elf (Changling) Wizard
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 14
    S Message
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Detect Magic
    3 Light
    4 Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Save DC 15
    S Feather Fall
    1 Comprehend Languages
    2 Color Spray
    3 Magic Missile
    Level 2: Save DC 16
    S Hypnotic Pattern
    1 Scorching Ray
    2 Extended Mage Armor
    Kho'Tara Draguul, Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 13 Cast: 0/3
    Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds; Light
    Level 1: Save DC 14 Cast: 2/3
    Cure Light Wounds; Produce Flame

 

  • #262
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    That's correct, the ship hands have only their cutlasses and what you provided them with.

    Galwynn, leaning forward over the railing, is apparently a tempting target for the sniping scumbag. He hits. (19, 2 damage) Galwynn detects lots of evil, from everybody on that ship.

    Go go round 2!
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • #263
    Keldar draws another arrow and looses again.

    OOC: 1d20+6-2+1=17, 1d8+2=3 for Burly 6, 36 left

    OOC: in round 1, I took a -4 range penalty (I also included a +1 for bless thinking Tarag had already cast it); I've included a -2 for range this round, but Galwynn's detect evil has pinged, so how far away is the other ship now?

  • #264
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    Tommy draws his wand of missiles and fires one off at the sniper, hoping to draw his fire, since Tommy is now well protected from arrows. Marcus takes another shot with the crossbow at the nearest Burly, shooting more accurately this time.

    ooc: It's not entirely clear to me if magic missile is in range at "one range increment". MM from the wand has 120' range, which is exactly one range increment for a heavy crossbow. On the other hand, 130' away would still be one range increment for all the relevant ranged weapons, but would be out of range for MM. If the sniper is not in range for MM, Tommy will ready the wand for when he does come in range. Damage is 1d4+1=3, and there are 2 charges remaining after this. Marcus' shot: 1d20 +2(dex) -2(range) +1(bless) = 18, damage 1d8=2
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #265
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik

    Galwynn, HP 26/28

    "Well, that was probably a dumb idea." Galwynn grumbles, and then ducks behind a railing. He throws a rare grin at Marlowe, who responds shakily.

    Galwynn digs in his backpack, and throws a healing potion at the grizzled sailor. "Here. It's a healing potion. Some of us are going to get hurt, I think. If one of us falls, pull their body to safety and use the potion to bring them back."

    Marlowe nods, gravely.


    Galwynn's Companions (2)


    Crew
    Pitr, brash youth
    Human Expert 1, 5 HP
    Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
    AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
    Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
    BAB +0, Grp +2
    Feats: Deft Hands, Skill Focus: Climb

    Marlowe, Veteran Sailor
    Crew
    Human Expert 1, 5 HP
    Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
    AC 14, Touch 12, FF 12
    Melee +2 cutlass (scimitar) (1d6+2/18-20x2)
    BAB +0, Grp +2
    Feats: Endurance, Skill Focus (Sailor)
    Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (Heals 2d8+3)
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #266
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    Largish OOC:
    In my usual fashion, by simplifying the rules, I have, in effect, complicated them further.

    The ships are each moving forward at a rate of 100 ft/round. But the pirate ship is moving west while the merchant ship moves north. They'll collide in 3 rounds (well, 1 round ago it was three rounds). So the aftmost (is that even a word?) points of the ships are 423' apart in round 1, 282' in round 2, and 141' apart in round 3. The foremost (that is a word, but I don't think it means what I'm making it mean...) points are 358', 217', and 76' apart. I'm not calculating the distance from every point, just... extrapolate from that best you can.

    This means, of course, that Galwynn's detect evil shouldn't have worked. For the sake of not retconning, there is so much evil on that pirate ship that Galwynn could detect it even at this distance.

    Tommy, at the aft of the ship, can fire the wand in round 3. (Let's say. =P )

    On a related note, none of your arrows have hit yet.


    Fimble fires his crossbow again, and the bolt flies past its target and easily pierces the lake water.

    Rapture's up for round 2.
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • #267
    PbP Stuff
    Solange Shepherd, Cleric of Zephos.
    Spells

    Level 0: Save DC 13
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Light
    3 Guidance
    4 Resistance
    Level 1: Save DC 14
    D Longstrider
    1 Bless
    2 Cause Fear
    3 Summon Monster 1
    Level 2: Save DC 15
    D Locate Object
    1 Sound Burst
    2 Summon Monster 2
    1
    Rapture, Paladin of Valessa
    Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe of Sairundan
    Lily d'Orien Kalashtar Orphan Wilder
    Lori Bender (Lor), Human/Half-Elf/Elf (Changling) Wizard
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 14
    S Message
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Detect Magic
    3 Light
    4 Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Save DC 15
    S Feather Fall
    1 Comprehend Languages
    2 Color Spray
    3 Magic Missile
    Level 2: Save DC 16
    S Hypnotic Pattern
    1 Scorching Ray
    2 Extended Mage Armor
    Kho'Tara Draguul, Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 13 Cast: 0/3
    Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds; Light
    Level 1: Save DC 14 Cast: 2/3
    Cure Light Wounds; Produce Flame

  • #268
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    Round 3:

    "Oh dear. Hold on!" Fimble fires one last (useless, unfortunately) bolt at the other ship before crouching and grabbing the railing. Indeed, the collision is imminent, despite the first mate leaning on the ship's wheel all the way to the left.

    The sniper, seeing that Galwynn has ducked behind the railing, chooses an easier target: Will, the javelin wielding boy in the crow's nest. At this close distance, the arrow flies true, soaring right through the gaps between the rail posts, into the boy's chest. (Hits AC 24, 4 damage to Will) Will squeals in pain but does not fall.

    One more round of ranged combat, then things get messy.
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • #269
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik
    "Damn!" Galwynn curses, seeing the poor child get hit. Grabbing his dagger from his belt, Galwynn hurls it as hard as he can at the sniper, and then stands out in open view, hoping to look as if he accidentally revealed himself.

    Hurled Dagger, with Bless effect (no range penalties) (1d20+3=18, 1d4+2=4)

    He then grabs onto the railing, bracing himself for impact.
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #270
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    Oh ho ho, now that's just abuse! Still no hit, sorry.
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 27 of 109 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Wizards Spectacular Shovel?
      By Imperialus in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 09:56 AM
    2. Please welcome Bront as a new PbP Moderator!
      By Piratecat in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Friday, 17th August, 2007, 05:23 PM
    3. Replies: 87
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th May, 2007, 08:58 AM
    4. Attn Bront!
      By Darrin Drader in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Friday, 9th September, 2005, 03:58 AM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •