A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn takes a step forward, standing over the body of Karl. He holds his blade, and curses at the throng of people before him.

"Fall back, Rapture! Form a line!"

OOC: Delaying until Galwynn can get a hit, hopefully. Are the ships be pulling up alongside each other, from hitting on the move?

Meanwhile, Petr will grab the potion from Marlowe's body and feed it to him, pulling the body backwards as he does so.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC clarifications]Edited somewhat, since I'm an idiot, but don't worry about that.

Rapture used a move action to stand and made an attack on Burly 4 in #285. Lenny still remains in A11, since K2 acted before him and prevented his proposed move to B11. Strictly, he declared a readied action, so if he wants to move can't do more than a 5' step to B10 (though the post was made long before higher initiative actions were resolved, so it would seem reasonable to revise it and allow a move anywhere within 30'?). If Lenny moves, Rapture can step into his vacated square A11 or, acting before Galwynn, she can join unconscious Karl in C11, though she already protects Karl from her present position B12, which otherwise a pirate may enter unopposed in round 5.

Keldar and K2 will likely be moving away before the blaggards can act again - K2's absence is something to bear in mind for holding the line with no AoOs possible.

Marlowe ought not to be down, because 9's dagger throw was at 3 range increments but rolled for 2, so was a 10 not a 12. He should be up with 2 HP remaining.

Tommy and team still act before Galwynn and co.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Can we tell at this point if the ships are moving to become parallel to each other so that the sterns are in contact? That would make sense, given where the ships came into contact, but it's kind of a shame; we have better ranged options than them, so a bottleneck at the bow would have been in our favor. Ah, well. If so, how soon will the sterns be close enough for the swashbucklers to start boarding? Looking at the initiative order, I think it would be pointless for me to specify what Tommy's crew do before the captain, mate, sniper, and swashbucklers go.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]Trouvere is correct, the Marlowe-dropping dagger did not hit Marlowe.

The ships will come side to side. Next round the sterns will be adjacent along their diagonals (which will make for an interesting grid intersection...) and the round after, the afts will be adjacent along the merchant's starboard (right) side and the pirate's port (left) side. So in round 6, the pointed bows will not be adjacent at all.

Update to come soon.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rounds Past

Will climbs carefully down from the crow's nest.

Round 4 con't:

With the help of his companions, Tarag climbs to his feet and produces flames around his hand. (Casting produce flame and attacking with the flames are both standard actions. The attack will have to wait until round 5.)

Rapture...

[sblock=Important OOC: ]In light of the new information about the ships still moving, Galwynn's plan to create a defensive line may not work as expected. Also, I'm totally confused about what Rapture and co. are doing, in spite of Trouvere's clarification. :p

For those reasons, I'll allow Wik to change Galwynn's stated plan (if you want: the line could still hold for round 5, depending on its placement, but in round 6 the ships will be side by side (see below)).

I also request a clarification of actions on Solange's part (please include grid coordinates).

I've attached three maps:
  • 1 is the current situation in Round 4.
  • 2 is Round 5's ship orientation. GM and 7 are adjacent, GP and 8 are not. Everywhere else, use your best judgment.
  • 3 is Round 6's ship orientation. Keep in mind higher ground benefits, esp. towards the rear.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• ships-collide-1.jpg
    ships-collide-1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 257
  • ships-future-round-5.jpg
    ships-future-round-5.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 305
  • ships-future-round-6.jpg
    ships-future-round-6.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 319

Solange

First Post
OOC: If someone actualy stepped in B11, those still alive would have attacked him, and shifted so Lenny was at B10 and Rapture was at A11 with a 5 foot move. Can't roll attacks at the moment

Wik

First Post
Well, Galwynn's companions are not going to be fighting. Gal's plan is to get onto the enemy ship, if the ships are still moving, and hole up in a place where they can only approach him from one direction - A4 on the enemy ship if you look at the second diagram would be a good place to start. And, he'll be smiting left right and centre.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: no matter, there was already an attack rolled this round. As posted, Lenny's readied action fizzles, but since he intended a 5' step as part of setting it, he can still move to B10 and Rapture to A11.[sblock=previously]
Solange said:
ooc: Rapture, Lenny, and Karl balance (1d20 3=6, 1d20 8=17, 1d20 8=16)

Rapture stands back up and attacks Burly Bilgefaced Blaggard(#4) with her sword.

OOC: Rapture attacks #4 (1d20 6=16, 1d10 3=8)

Lenny steps behind Karl (B11) and both prepare to attack any pirate who comes close enough to be attacked (ready actions)
[/sblock]

Remove ads