A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOG: You might have noticed a slowdown on my part. I blame it on technology. I gave up and got a new computer, and so begin the trials and tribulations of moving all my stuff over /and/ dealing with life in the meatspace. Weekend is here, so I should have free time to get my world back in order. Thanks for your patience!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rapture's Lenny moves to the center of the ship, ready to cut any pirates who come within range. (RL move to B10, ready melee atk)

Rapture stands up and attacks "Burly", then she steps back. (R atk 4, 8 dmg, move to A11)

Rapture's Karl lies on the deck, bleeding slowly. (Stable, for sanity's sake)

The Spineless Sniping Scumbag stands up, fires a sloppy shot at Galwynn, and drops to the crow's nest deck. (3 stands, atk G: miss, drop prone)

The pirate first mate grips the wheel tightly, trying to line the ships up so the pirates can board. He's the mirror image of the merchant first mate, who's doing the same thing.

The captain strides confidently to the stern of the vessel. She eyes Galwynn playfully and extends her rapier to point at him, picking the well armored paladin out as her foe. (P1 move to PirateC3, ready action to melee atk G)

The pirate elves wait patiently for the ships to come side by side. (10, 11, 12 all delay)

Tommy...

[sblock=Initiative and Map Legend]
Fim - Fimble (HP: 19 )
K - Keldar (HP: 21 )
Kw - Keldar's Whip Wielder (HP: 5 )
K2 - Keldar's 2nd (HP: 5 )
K3 - Keldar's 3rd (HP: 5 , swimming )
7 - Swift N' Sneaky Seadogs (Damage: 0 )
8 - Swift N' Sneaky Seadogs (Damage: 0 )
9 - Swift N' Sneaky Seadogs (Damage: 0 )
4 - Burly Bilgefaced Blaggards (Damage: 11 )
5 - Burly Bilgefaced Blaggards (Damage: 23 , dead )
6 - Burly Bilgefaced Blaggards (Damage: 0 )
Ta - Tarag (HP: 26 )
TW - Tarag's Will (Crow's Nest) (HP: 5 )
TJ - Tarag's James (HP: 5 )
FM - Merchant First Mate (HP: 13 )
R - Rapture (HP: 31 )
RL - Rapture's Lenny (HP: 5 )
RK - Rapture's Karl (HP: -3 , down and stable )
1 - Spineless Sniping Scumbag (Damage: 9 )
2 - Pirate First Matey (Damage: 0 )
3 - La Capitan (Damage: 0 )
10 - Tough Swashbucklin' Elves (Damage: 0 )
11 - Tough Swashbucklin' Elves (Damage: 0 )
12 - Tough Swashbucklin' Elves (Damage: 0 )
To - Tommy (HP: 13 )
TF - Tommy's Franz (HP: 5 )
TI - Tommy's Ivan (HP: 5 )
TM - Tommy's Marcus (HP: 5 )
G - Galwynn (HP: 28 )
GM - Galwynn's Marlowe (HP: 2 )
GP - Galwynn's Pitr (HP: 5 )
[/sblock]

OOG: I know, right? All this waiting for that?! Well, I'm back in business and very happy with my current situation, so no more waiting! Let's hit the ground running. Covaithe, Tommy's turn.

Attachments

• ships-round-4.jpg
    ships-round-4.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 268

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: The stern of a boat is in the back. ;)

Tommy, Marcus, Franz, and Ivan all brace themselves for the collision and hold on easily. "Looks like it's going to swing around and those elves are going to try to board us," Tommy observes. "Marcus, shoot one of them. Franz and Ivan, get closer to the front. Let Fimble step back if he wants to. I'm going to try to pick off that sniper." Tommy readies his wand, waiting for the sniper to pop up again.

ooc: Ready action, magic missile from the wand if the sniper comes into view. Damage 5, 1 charge remaining in the wand after this. Marcus will shoot number 12, 1d20+2=14; 1d8=3. Oops, I forgot the bless yet again; make that a 15. Ivan and Franz move to C3 and C1, unless Fimble wants to remain at the rail, in which case they'll move to C3 and B2, respectively.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tommy readies a blast for the sniper, and Marcus shoots unsuccessfully. Everybody moves into position. Fimble wants to stay by the rail, so Tommy's crew move around him.

Galwynn and company delay, waiting for the ships to come closer.

Round 5:

The two ships come closer together, but the impact isn't so bad, and everybody regains their balance. For now.

The pirate captain takes the opportunity to stab at Galwynn with her fine rapier, but the movement of the ships throws her off. (miss)

(Galwynn's crew can act here)

Fimble shoots at one of the elves (12). He finally scores a hit and he squeaks in glee. (6 damage to P12)

Keldar...

Attachments

• ships-round-5.jpg
    ships-round-5.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 265

Trouvere

Explorer
In the water, the man overboard calls for help, "Kaytu! Kaytu!" and splashes towards the stern.

"Oh, your name's Kaytu! ...I knew that," says Keldar, as his proud javelin-thrower shakes a fist at the burly boarder who faces him and heads aft to throw a rope over the side.[sblock=OOC]K3's Swim check 1d20+2=14 (assumed no ranks in Swim). Does our ship still have forward momentum such that K3 is moving relatively sternward? K2 moves to A8 or wherever he can find a rope. Now waiting to see whether and where Galwynn's men move....[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn grunts as the captain swings at her, and then puts some muscle in his counter-swing, calling upon Halina's strength to fill his arms. An aura of voices, seemingly that of angelic children, suddenly whisper around him as he brings his massive claymore down upon the pirate woman.

OOC: Smite Evil, with a 2 point power attack.

Smite Evil, 2 point power attack (1d20+8=25, 2d6+10=20)

OOC: BOOOOM! If Smite Evil didn't work, I hit AC 22, and dealt 17 points of damage.

Meanwhile, Galwynn's two companions step backwards, and duck to avoid taking cover. (Five foot steps backwards).

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Ta. That leaves C9 empty.

Keldar steps aft and looses an arrow at the sly looking pirate who also threatens Galwynn. Unfortunately, he doesn't take his time and the shot is poor. Shrugging, he lets the bow drop and draws his weapons.

Keldar's man with the whip lashes out suddenly at the same pirate, trying to rip his sword from his hand.

[sblock=OOC]Keldar steps to A9, shoots an arrow at 7: 1d20+8=10, irritatingly, and draws rapier and dagger (TWF, move). Whip disarm attempt (2h) 1d20+6=12. Wait... that should be 1d20+2 Str +4 2-h +2 whip +1 bless -4 non-prof = 11. Or is there a -4 for attacking into melee? 7, then. I should stick with things I understand. Or take a day off. Successful or not, he'll step back afterwards, to A7. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases