A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"I'm so magnificent, sometimes I frighten myself a little," says Keldar, moving past Lenny and Marcus Marlowe to face the crazed captain. Reluctantly, but with fearful ease, he drives his rapier past her defence.[sblock=OOC]In round 6, Keldar's rapier attack on Pirate 8 was also a threat with a nat 18. Confirmation roll 15, additional damage 4. Might make a difference as to how many live ones we have left.

In round 7, moving C9-pC5-pB4, with a view to blocking off La Capitan's avenues to wreak revenge on Marlowe, Pitr or Lenny. Rapier attack 1d20+7=27, nat 20, 1d6+2=5. Critical confirmation 16, additional damage 7. No sneak attack this round, right?

I'm now back from my trip and fully functional.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: If we want to be ready for the next Random Rae Update Window, we need a Round 7 action from Galwynn and a valid action from Rapture (Pirate 4 is dead; the remaining pirates are La Capitan (3), 12 who has surrendered, 7 who is swimming away, and 10 and 11 who are briefly unconscious due to Color Spray).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Thanks Trouvere. I do need a corrected action from Shadya, please. The only remaining "threatening" pirate is the captain. She is within reach of Shadya for a move action/standard attack.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: In the interest of moving things along... ;)

Rapture moves quickly, past the fallen pirates at her feet, and engages the pirate captain with Keldar. She cuts and swipes, and the captain defends with fierce determination. But in the end, Rapture prevails and her blade cuts the fair elf skin. (4 damage to La Capitan)

Galwynn is even closer than Rapture. He hops over to the pirate ship and takes a sweeping slash at the insane elf, but misses.

Round 8:

The surrendered elf remains still, merely watching as three adventurers gang up on his once fearless leader.

The captain herself seems at a loss for what to do. She is completely cornered, she can't take her ship with her, her crew is entirely incapacitated in one form or another. With a look of resignation in her eyes, she takes her rapier and soundlessly slides it into her own stomach. A trickle of red blood escaping her closed lips, she smiles thinly even as she falls backwards onto her deck. A crimson pool begins to soak the dry boards around her, and she gasps one final breath. (14 damage to La Capitan, La Capitan is dead)

Combat Over

For a moment, the only sounds are the gentle lapping of lake water against the sides of the two boats and the soft creak of strained wood. And then the crew erupts with cheers for their brave, successful saviors.

[sblock=OOC: ]You've still got 2 unconscious (soon to be conscious) elves, a fully conscious surrendered elf, and a good number of unconscious but stable pirates.

Potential Prisoners:

All three seafaring elves
Two sneaky sealakedogs
One burly blaggard
One spineless scumbag in the crow's nest
and a first matey

(All but the elves are unconscious and stable)

Your damages are:

Rapture's Karl, down but stable.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy's eyes fill with sadness and frustration at the pirate captain's pointless suicide. "Well, I guess we better start cleaning this up. Marcus and Ivan, could you get some rope and tie up the unconscious ones? You, uh, might want to whack 'em on the head a bit first, just in case." He looks a bit guilty, but turns to the first mate. "Excuse me, sir, I didn't catch your name. Could you, um, do what needs to be done so that we don't drift apart or bump into the shore or anything? We need to decide what to do with these poor fools, and we don't really need any more distractions right now."

He looks back over the water at the swimming pirates. "I suppose we should do something about them, too," he says reluctantly. "It would be a shame to let them get away to keep robbing people. Maybe we could throw them one end of a rope or something?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases