A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
When no one else speaks up at once, Keldar pulls himself back together. "I'm sorry," he says, "but my songs have had a poor reception recently. Inexplicably. It was a surprise to hear applause and not grumbling."

"Well, we wanted to find out anything about a strange sign branded on a handle.
" Keldar indicates the shovel Tommy has brought from the inn.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Can Tommy intentionally fail his listen check for that pun? :)

Tommy awkwardly pats Keldar on the shoulder. "Aw, we were just teasing, Keldar," He says, a little uncertainly, as if he isn't completely sure.

At Keldar's comments, he produces the shovel in question. "Yes, we ran across this rather odd shovel while investigating some robberies. Well, an attempted robbery, anyway. Have you ever seen anything like it?"

Boddynock

First Post
After a while, Tarag arrives, panting a little.

"Had to pick up my armour," he says briefly.

"Tarag of Clan Durvinn, at your service," he adds, bowing to the bard.

His colleagues haven't seen this particular suit of armour before. It is gleaming full plate, and it looks like this.

[sblock=OOC]The only difference is that Tarag's armour is covered with representations of Chennet's holy symbol. His shield is also now painted with the god anvil.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn merely rolls his eyes at Keldar's comment.

(OOC: Back from a spur of the moment trip to Vancouver!)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"The shovel, no. Never have I seen one twisted so strangely. The sigil, though... Hmm..." He closes his eyes and mutters, "A flourish there, no, not like that one, perhaps with a few accents, yes..." He opens them again and smiles. "As I told you, I am of the Brotherhood. We are a quiet organization, focused on finding heroes in these times of need, and our library is full of information on other organizations that court adventurers.

"I seem to recall one such group, the Archaeologists they called themselves, though they were hardly more than proud thieves with a penchant for raiding freshly dug tombs. Their sigil was an artistic combination of several great noble houses, though I could not tell you which. This shovel's complex seal bares a striking resemblance in style and content to the Archaeologists', but it is not identical, as theirs was even more detailed. I suppose it could have lost some minor touches over the years, or perhaps the brand's blacksmith was not skilled enough.

"Based out of Fallon before the Catastrophe, the Archaeologists found their own early graves while raiding a tomb too fresh, or so I was told. It is not active today, nor has it been for centuries, as far as I know. I'm afraid that's all my aging mind can recall."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn leans against a wall, and nods solemnly. "A library? Could we send one of our own? I'm sure Tommy would leap at the chance to dig through your library for information..." Galwynn says, the whole while wondering where this sojourn will wind up.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Tommy let loose digging through another library? At least we have our shovel to get him back out again," Keldar muses. "But since it's surely not such an old tool, the Archaeologists have some latterday imitators or have re-formed - and they're even less particular as to where they excavate these days, it seems. Volidar, tell me, do you happen to know of a Fallonese architect in business in these parts?"

"Nice armour, Tarag. Reminds me of something I saw in my days with the merfolk, walking sideways in the rockpools."

covaithe

Explorer
"I daresay it would do both of you some good to spend a few days in a library now and then," Tommy snaps. "Maybe in the poetry section, Keldar. Anyway, Volidar, what I'm sure my companions mean is that we would of course be honored and grateful if you were to extend us an invitation to visit your library. I'm sure they didn't mean to suggest that we barge in there on the strength of a moment's acquaintance, as if it were the front door of a cheap tavern"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases