A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Master Wikke hath been seen to make visits daily to the Establishmente of Enworlde. Yet at each visit, he remaineth onlie the shortest time and maketh fewe postyings, as if it were that he be unable to remain sittynge upon his Fundament for a prolonged periode; wherefore it seemeth to me most likely that he hath a Maladie of these nether partes or regions, consistynge of foul Boils and a Discharge moste purulent.

And let this be knowne to all Parties to be the Truth untill swych time as he returneth to make his owne Excuses most feeble.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[ i laughed so hard at your response, Trouvere, i was almost in tears! ]/ooc[

ps: methinks Galwyn shall seperate ye church of Kelder's head from the state of Kelder's neck if yon eyes of said spoken paladin of etherial prescence were soon to gaze to posts most indiscrete...

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimbus looks taken aback. "Is that so? The Archaeologists? I must admit, I've never heard of any such organization. Thieves, you say? Hmm... perhaps the authorities would know more. I'll contact them right away in the morning!

And this James Urton fellow. Fallon is a large city, it'll be like finding a diamond in a coal mine, but lucky for you, you're dealing with a gnome who has plenty of experience with finding diamonds in unlikely places."
He winks, and you recall from stories on the road that Fimble's father is a gemcutter.

"For now, you're tired. This has waited for decades, it can wait another night. Get some sleep, you're welcome here if you can find a comfortable place, or I'll call on my friends upstairs about a nice place to sleep, my treat."

Sleeping arrangements are dealt with, and the night passes uneventfully.

---

The next day, again you gather in the Gimmons' tiny living room. Today, Mrs. Gimmons joins you. She greets you happily, and you settle down for business.

"Right then. I spoke with the authorities this morning. Seems James Urton came here from Orussus some time ago because of some troubles he had with the law. He settled in quite nicely here, then was involved in a scandal bribing an authority for access to the Fallon sewer systems. He again dropped off the map, but his old house was searched and they found coded papers that were never deciphered. If you go to the Guard's clerical office, you can see them yourself.

As for the Archaeologists, they're quite invisible here, if they're here at all. I spoke with my scholarly friends, as well as dropping the name to a few of my... ah... less scholarly friends. Nobody has heard of them. If you want, you might check out the library at the Wizard's College, it's one of the vastest this side of the Northern Mountains. I have to work today, I have a few wedding bands to set, so I'll be in my shop. Fimble knows where it is."
Fimbus tussles his son's hair affectionately.

"Thanks Dad. Any questions?"

Boddynock

First Post
"Thank you for that," says Tarag, bowing to the gnome.

Then, turning to the party he says, "Shall we split up to check the two leads? Tommy, I guess you'd like to visit the Wizards College library. And Galwynn and I could come with you, to keep you from getting too distracted. Then, Rapture, if you and Keldar would deal with the guards, that would be most helpful."

OOC: I was going to suggest that Tarag and Galwynn visit the guards, then realized that would mean only one currently active player (me) for that set of leads. Oh, well, let me know if you'd rather do it the other way around.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I have fading hopes that Wik can be browbeaten into posting "Galwynn scowls" a couple of times a week; Solange I hope will return at the end of the month as promised. I, however, will be away until the 26th due to a family bereavement. Maybe we should put 'Shovel' on hold until then? At the least, I'm afraid there's nothing to be gained from splitting the party up.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar looks a trifle dubious. "Me? Keldar and city guards haven't always seen eye to eye. I'm not sure why. I think they find me intimidating. And I like libraries! I've finished the book I borrowed from Thyrin. Maybe I'll move on to Advanced Practises in Conjuration, or something."

"It occurs to me, though, that someone should stay behind to guard my ship. I suggest Galwynn. If you have no objection, Galwynn, sit there looking ridiculously conspicuously righteous in full plate armor covered in holy symbols. There we go, then."

Remove ads