A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Tommy Worthallingham
Nearly failed his spell exam;
Luckily his teachers
Were sick of his features,
" intones Keldar.

"I'm very fond of libraries and book learning, I'll have you know. In fact, if I get the chance, I'll look at the Brotherhood's collection, to see what they have on me under 'W'. A whole shelf, I expect."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Volidar laughs, "Apologies, Keldar Warbray, but I had never heard one of your works until today. As for access to the library, ah... Well, the Brotherhood has had to close its doors to strangers as of late, so I'm afraid I cannot extend such an invitation to you. Gain some notoriety, and perhaps someday that will change," he suggests with a grin.

"The Architects' Guild has a list of all operating architects in Orussus. If I'm not mistaken, every one of them is a guild member. You'd be better off asking them, not a lowly bard like myself who has never had the need nor the money for the construction of a building."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Really? Not even 'My darling frost giant's daughter' or the one about the merfolk bandits? Well. I really can't imagine what's going on. Perhaps people don't talk as much as they used to. And I'm sure the Brotherhood library must have something about me. I've probably, uh, been misfiled under 'K'. That'll be it."

"I think we shall take your advice regarding architects. We may find several reasons to make the trip to Fallon."

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy winces at the thought of Keldar working harder on his notoriety, and hurries to try to move the conversation along. "So, uh, yes, this guild of architects. Where did you say it was located?"

Wik

First Post
"If they're any good at what they do, it should be easy enough to find . Just go to the guild district, and look for the most pretentious building."

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag, who has been steely-eyed and silent since Keldar's disparaging remarks about his new armour, chuckles at Galwynn's dry observation.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Volidar smiles, "Your friend has the right of it: the Clerk's District in the south is where most of the guildhouses are located, and the Constructors' Guildhouse is the best constructed."

OOC: I apologize for my long absence. I promise you, I will do better!

Wik

First Post
Galwynn leans to the side, and whispers confidentially to Tarag. "Did you hear that? I was right"

To everyone, Galwynn says "Let's head to this guildhouse, then."

Solange

First Post
"Perhaps maybe not directly to the guild house," Rapture says. "Is there a camp where many of the construction workers stay or a bar they might frequent? They might be more likely to talk outside of the guild hall, and perhaps we might hear rumors of some of their side jobs away from the guild."

Trouvere

Explorer
"We can hit the taverns that builders frequent tonight, but Galwynn wants to hit the Fallonese architect... if he doesn't talk." Keldar shakes his head disapprovingly. "Let's head back to the Dragon, tell Fimble what we've learned, thanks to my esteemed colleague in music, Volidar" - this with a bow - "and then let's see if the guildhouse can direct us to the architect in question. Fimble can chat Fallon gossip with him, while we play it by ear... snoop around his offices, try to trick him into an admission... hit his kneecaps with a brick, if you really can't stop yourself, Galwynn."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases