A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"My rocks! My rope! My robes! My Rapture! Guards! Guards!"

Keldar frantically beckons them over. "Who is this man? He's sold my ship! For much more than it's worth! And he's giving us the money! Um. Hmm."

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy whispers to Tarag, "Oh, dear. I'm afraid he may have really gone 'round the bend this time. I mean, more than usual. We'll be lucky to keep him out of jail. Uh, and ourselves, at this rate."

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag raises his eyes to the heavens, fully in agreement with Tommy's assessment of the situation.

"Put the sword away, Keldar. There's a good chap. Now, now ... it's all right. Rapture and Galwynn will look out for each other. Put the sword away, and let this nice man give you the money."

He speaks gently and calmly, as to one who is not in their right mind.

He then says in a quiet aside to the fat man, "Forgive our friend. He took a blow to the head, and sometimes imagines plots that aren't there. Usually we can keep him under control, but he is particularly attached to the Lady Rapture, and this news has come as a shock to him. Now, I'm sure we can resolve this amicably. After all, we don't want to jeopardise your commission - the extra thousand which you have already pocketed must surely be a welcome addition to your purse?"

He then turns back to Keldar and, bending over, picks up the scabbard and helps him resheathe the blade. Sotto voce he adds, "Pull yourself together, Keldar - unless you want us all to land in gaol!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"What? I don't remember taking a blow to the head," says Keldar. "Tarag, stop fussing with my belt, it's fine. Oh! Right!"

Keldar performs a low bow in the direction of the fat man.

"My apologies, sir. This blow to my head, that they keep telling me about, so it must be true, it makes me sometimes overreact. Nine thousand crowns! How... how wonderful. And you say you kept my... random junk? I'd very much like to have it back. A sack of rocks - yes, that's all they are, ordinary rocks, with nothing unusual about them - has so many uses. Do you have them nearby?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The dock wardens hasten their pace at Keldar's calls, and they arrive in time to hear Tarag's mild chastisement. They stand at the side of the fat man, silently assessing the situation, waiting for Tarag to say his piece.

The fat man turns beet red at Tarag's mention of commission money. "I! Er, I wouldn't- Ah, yes, you- Of course. Of course there's always a commission fee, it's, ah, simply the way business is conducted. Due course. And all that. You knew that, surely. Ah..." The guards look suspiciously at the man. He slaps one on the back with a meaty hand. "We're fine here, gentlemen, absolutely splendid, just a minor miscommunication. Nothing to worry about, you can return to your patrol, thank you, thank you." Wiping his forehead again, he pushes the guards away, then turns to receive Keldar's bow, avoiding Tarag's gaze.

"But of course, your items are in the dock shed, this way, right this way." He turns around rather too quickly and stumbles a bit on the uneven wood of the dock, shuffling his way towards the shed.

There, indeed, are your belongings, stored among rope, wood, dinghies, and other maritime gear. "Here you are, as promised. I do hope your day is most fine, gentlemen. It was a pleasure doing business with you." He bows as much has his great waist will allow him, still refusing to meet eyes with Tarag.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Of course, commissions, perfectly normal, quite expected, a good idea even, right place at the right time," says Keldar, who seems to have undergone another mercurial shift in mood.

At the boat shed, he rushes past everyone to reclaim his sack, frantically snatching it open to rummage inside.

"Oh, by Sela and Delanor! They're safe! Safe! Or - or are they?" Keldar throws a suspicious look at the fat man. He lifts out a rock, squints at it, taps it with his knuckles, shakes it next to his ear, then repeats the procedure with several more stones. He nods, satisfied and relieved.

"No, no, that's them for sure. Oh, I thought we had lost them. That would have been a disaster."

He gathers up his other belongings and returns to the others.

"We have them back!" he informs them in a whisper that in his excitement carries. "I wonder what Mr Turkey will pay, if we can get them to him in time today. Two or three hundred? Four, if we're lucky. I'd be happy with two. Now, what was his address? Ah yes, 113 Gyllet, West Side, no, no, East Side, 40th level. In all this confusion, I'd almost forgotten it! And now that we have no ship to sleep on, we all have so many other things to organise too."

He winks enormously and turns back to their new friend.

"Ah well! Excuse us, we were just discussing a little problem. Nothing to do with you! Any misgivings I had about your sale of the Warbray's Opportunity are long gone. Well... this is goodbye, then."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I guess you guys were waiting for me? I know Keldar said you were going to the house now, but what Keldar says and what the group ends up doing doesn't always perfectly align. =P

Anyway, I don't have time right now, but I'll move you to Turket's house if nobody objects in the next day or so.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar sighs. "That's a pity. Well now." He uncoils his whip.

"Now then, if you'll just remove your clothes. All of them, thank you. Of course you can keep your coin purse." Keldar reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out three platinum coins, and flips them towards the fat man.

"You can add these to it. Nearly double the going rate, I think you'll find," he adds with heavy sarcasm.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases