A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Whew! That's a lot of money. What are you going to spend yours on, Keldar?" Tommy hefts a handful of gold judiciously.
Having, it seems, momentarily reduced Tarag to silence once again, Keldar turns to Tommy. "I'm not certain what this will get me. How about you? I'm sure you'll be copying more squiggly parchment-things into your spellbook."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[Sblock=ooc: ]I'm willing to moderate any reasonable party funds scheme you guys up with (as long as it doesn't involve you taking other parties' gold with the promise of high performance investing and then spending it on yourselves). If people disappear or whatever, we can figure it out.

But let's not let the meta bog us down. We've been sitting for a week now, chatting about party funds, worrying about players dropping, vaguely debating on a course of action. Let's move on with the story and we can settle any meta on the side in sblocks.

I know you guys want XP, so let's move onward![/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=a note from kelder's only fan]
I would appriciate the story moving along as well. I can't get a good laugh if nothing is going on! just kiidding guys! [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar stirs restlessly and sets a platinum dragon spinning on the table. "Everyone's lost in their own thoughts," he says. He starts singing softly:

"My eyes cannot forget this sight:
Her hair hung loose and scattered light
From misted rain.
Her clothes were wet and clinging tight.
Her face and form gave me delight
But equal pain;
For she had spoken of her plight
And I must only be polite
And coolness feign
That she not see my heart ignite
With love that now will burn so bright
I may be slain.
This cruellest fate cannot be right;
Oh gods, I need to hold her tight
Or go insane!
Yet I will serve her, if I might,
As her devoted humble knight
And bear this chain
In hope that someday she'll invite
Her loyal friend some day or night
To love attain.
"​

"Come on," he says, "let's go do something."

covaithe

Explorer
"Okay. Let's go visit this guy who bought Urton's house. Maybe he'll let us look around." Tommy sets down his mug, still half full, and stands.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar busies himself tucking away his share of the wealth. "I'm, uh, not sure that's a good idea," he says sheepishly. "I did rather let the fat man know that we'd be there tonight. To sell some rocks to Mr Turkey, as it happens. Chagrin can so easily turn to anger. I'd hate for him to confront us there, with some friends. If he has any. I wouldn't want to have to hurt anyone. It'd be undignified. Couldn't we... visit Turkey tomorrow? Or the day after?"

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy waves, indicating indifference. "All right, but then what shall we do tonight? Back to the library? Do some shopping? Maybe we could introduce ourselves to some of the architects in the city."

Trouvere

Explorer
"If we're going to buy a healing wand, then sooner is better than later. But I'm quite fond of architects, too. Then again, I've definitely not had enough of the library. There's nothing I like better than breathing in the dust of mouldering parchment for hours at a time," says Keldar. "Do you really think you can break the code of Urton's book? Say... I don't suppose you ever thought to check it for, you know, magic?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, of course I... that is, I'm sure I would have... Um, hang on a minute." Tommy fishes out the code book in question and casts Detect Magic.

[sblock=spells]
Spells per day: 4/4/3
Save DC: 14 + spell lvl
0: Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Grease, Magic Missile
2: Scorching Ray, Prot. from Arrows, Web
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar adds his own investigative prowess by attempting to mage-hand the book into the air. "You know, I found out this doesn't work on Jamella's magic sword," he comments. "I'm going to tie a piece of ordinary stout ribbon through the handguard, so I can lift it with that, if I ever have to."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases