A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Boddynock

First Post
On the way back to the inn, Tarag observes to the others, "You know, Keldar is right about one thing - we do need a name for our group. I refuse, however, to be called a Keldarite - it sounds like a nodule of dross such as one would find in an otherwise promising vein of ore. So it's up to the rest of us to find an appropriate name for ourselves ... because it's certain that the little man there will otherwise insist on continuing to inflate his own impoverished ego at our expense."

OOC: Of course, nothing appropriate springs to my sluggish mind! :(

Trouvere

Explorer
"Tarag, Tarag, Tarag, I had no idea you felt like that," says Keldar, with a wicked glint in his eye. "I might well be stronger, faster, defter, more widely accomplished, handsomer and taller than you, but there's definitely no need to constantly draw attention to it with a name that makes you think you're nothing more than the dross clinging to my pure shining brilliance."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn shoots Keldar a glare, and is about to say something, and then thinks better of it.

"How about 'The Fool's Company'? Of course, it'd only work if we nominated you as leader, rogue."

After another moment's thought, Galwynn says "We are a band of five, all based upon faith. My faith, Rapture's, and Tarag's are obvious; Tommy has his faith in the arcane, and the thief's -misguided- faith is in his self-proclaimed 'brilliance'. Why not just the 'five faiths', or something?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
"How about 'The Fool's Company'? Of course, it'd only work if we nominated you as leader, rogue."
"Now you're just being modest," Keldar remonstrates.
After another moment's thought, Galwynn says "We are a band of five, all based upon faith. My faith, Rapture's, and Tarag's are obvious; Tommy has his faith in the arcane, and the thief's -misguided- faith is in his self-proclaimed 'brilliance'. Why not just the 'five faiths', or something?"
"Keldar and the Faithful Four! That could work."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Volidar puts away his lute and takes out his lyre again, listening to the bickering. Smiling, he interjects, "Though I do love a good alliteration, 'The Keldarites' has a nice ring to it. But even so! You need not select a name for your fine adventuring troupe just yet. Many a bard's song has no chorus 'til after a few verses. Even 'The Four' were three, at first." He cocks his head at that. "Even 'The Four' were three, at first... I like the sound of that, I think my muse is calling me. If you'll excuse me, my lords and lady..." Suddenly lost in thought, he plucks on his lyre and mouths the lyrics to a new song as he withdraws from the conversation.

Wik

First Post
"A smart enough plan. Let the bards think up a name. Real bards, rogue - stick to what you're good at."

Galwynn thinks for a moment. "What are you good at, anyways?"

covaithe

Explorer
"At this rate, the bards will be calling us the Bickering Housewives," Tommy grumbles cheerfully. "Or possibly Both Hands and a Map. Let's find an architect, shall we?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Galwynn thinks for a moment. "What are you good at, anyways?"
"Providing potions for pummelled paladins, for one, but I'm thinking of giving that up," says Keldar.
covaithe said:
"At this rate, the bards will be calling us the Bickering Housewives," Tommy grumbles cheerfully. "Or possibly Both Hands and a Map. Let's find an architect, shall we?"
Keldar grins. "Yes, let's." He sidles over to Rapture. "It's like going fishing with a thunderstone," he confides.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases