A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn thinks for a moment. "What are you good at, anyways?"
Trouvere said:
"Providing potions for pummelled paladins, for one, but I'm thinking of giving that up," says Keldar.
"Perhaps providing and procuring proposed provisions punctualy? Perchance procuring provisions precludes proper preperations. Proper procautions aside," Rapture manages to say with a straight face.
Trouvere said:
Keldar grins. "Yes, let's." He sidles over to Rapture. "It's like going fishing with a thunderstone," he confides.
"Never been," Rapture admits.

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Perhaps providing and procuring proposed provisions punctually? Perchance procuring provisions precludes proper preparations. Proper precautions aside," Rapture manages to say with a straight face.
"Prompt payment preferred," Keldar concludes.
"Never been," Rapture admits.
"It's all too easy, until everyone gets covered in mud," says Keldar. The group continue on their way back to the Red Dragon.

OOC: that link went to the wrong place!

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
==================================================

Keldar and his companions head the short distance to Tarag's shop. "The fourth part of an hour before Tommy joins us," says Keldar, standing in the street outside. "To pass the time, we need, I think, a song!"

"Swords don't make themselves
For mighty men and elves,
Sing hey and a ho and a hey!
So we need a metal worker
Who's not a lazy shirker
To be workin' at the furnace all the day.

With his anvil and his hammer
He makes a mighty clamour,
He pours out the molten iron
With the courage of a lion,
Workin' at the furnace all the day.

He must be fairly skilled
'cos he hasn't yet been killed,
But this poor smithing dwarf
Has burned his beard right orff
From workin' at the furnace all the day!

Yes, his hair is lookin' crispy
And his chin is only wispy,
Alas! It was his pride,
So it's time he stepped outside
And left his fiery furnace for a day!"​
"Come on, Tarag! We have guild officials to meet."

covaithe

Explorer
After a little while, Tommy emerges from the Red Dragon Inn as well, and looks slightly surprised not to see the others waiting. "Oh, right, they were going to fetch Tarag," he remembers, and hurries in that direction to catch up.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I'm not sure Tarag knows we're here," Keldar says. "Oh, look, there's Tommy; I'd recognise that hair anywhere." As the wizard approaches, Keldar resumes his singing.

"You've met the gnome called Fimble;
He's clever and he's nimble,
He wants his family treasure,
So you are not at leisure
To skulk behind the furnace all the day!

Paladins get awful bored
If they cannot swing a sword,
So before someone gets smited,
Come on out, you are invited
To leave behind your furnace for a day!

Tommy's head is full of magic;
If it burst, it would be tragic,
So don't you keep him waiting,
Put on your armour plating!
You can surely leave the furnace for a day!

And of course the main attraction
Is the leader of our faction,
Who knows you take delight
In being named a Keldarite,
And spreads that news about you every day!"​
"That'll get him outside if nothing else will," says Keldar.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag emerges hurriedly, fully kitted out and blowing on a scroll to dry the ink on it. When he's satisfied that it won't smudge, he rolls it up and pokes it at the open flap of his rucksack, at which point it disappears from sight.

Tying down the flap, he scowls at Keldar and says, "I do wish you wouldn't be so noisy! I nearly misspelled the final phrase of that prayer. Besides, if you keep that up, the neighbours are likely to petition the city to close my shop - as the scene of cruel and unusual punishment."

"I take it we're ready to leave?"

OOC: Tarag's been scribing some scrolls. I'll add a reference to them retrospectively in the Forge.

Trouvere

Explorer
"People hear my singing, they're put in mind of weapons. Free advertising, if you ask me," Keldar replies. "Do you write scrolls in Celestial? Yes, it's time to visit the guildhouse, all six of us, four of us armed and armoured to the teeth - now that's a stupid expression: anyone wearing a helmet is armoured above the teeth - asking for a particular member of their guild, in completely unsuspicious fashion."

Solange

First Post
"Perhaps when we approach the guildhouse, you won't sing of our intentions ahead of time Keldar?" Rapture implores, with a poorly hidden smile. "We will likely receive a better reception."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases