A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tommy's grease causes the handaxe-wielding woman's mount to slip and fall prone. She barely dismounts in time to avoid getting crushed beneath the relatively large beast. Though she avoided the dog, she is now on the ground, prone.

The other pair remains standing. For now.

Round 2:

Fimble waggles his fingers, tugs his ear, and then thumbs his nose and sneezes. Bright colors fly in the faces of the two halflings and their mounts. Of the four, only the fallen dog is unaffected, perhaps because it's so busy scrambling uselessly in the grease.

The man's dog falls unconscious, now prone, but it looks like it will recover soon. (3 rounds of unconsciousness, 2 rounds blinded and stunned after that.)

The man, not as quick as his companion, falls beneath his dog's thrashing. (1 damage to Scourer [5].) The Foul Scourer is on the ground, like every foe now, prone.

The two halflings instinctively reach for their eyes, but they catch themselves and do not drop their weapons. Blind and dizzy, they wallow in the grease. (Mopper [4] will be blind and stunned for 1, Scourer [5] for 2 rounds.)

Keldar...

Note: I will edit my last post, as Boddynock is correct: Tommy's mage armor is still in effect.

[sblock=Initiative and Map Legend]
M - "Fingers" the Maimed (HP: 5 )
Fim - Fimble (HP: 19 )
K - Keldar (HP: 25 )
1 - Balustrade Blaggard (Damage: 10 , prone )
2 - Box Bum (Damage: 0 , prone )
3 - Blighter on the Balcony (Damage: 0 , prone )
Ta - Tarag (HP: 27 )
4 - Floor Mopper (Damage: 1 , prone )
d4 - Floor Mopper's Mount (Damage: 0 , prone )
5 - Foul Scourer (Damage: 0 , prone )
d5 - Foul Scourer's Mount (Damage: 0 , prone )
To - Tommy (HP: 13 )
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Balcony.jpg
    Balcony.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar comes forward, keeping his bow in hand, but whipping out Jamella's rapier. "Surrender?" he asks, punctuating the suggestion with a vicious stab to the female halfling. Perhaps too vicious. "Oops," he says.

OOC: 1d20+6=24; 1d6+3+1d6=7; crit confirmation 21, crit damage 7. Oh yes - to D3.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Keldar's rapier slides between the chain links of the halfling's armor, cutting deep into her abdomen. But she does not stop moving.

Two of the bandits on the balcony pop up, pepper Tommy with arrows, and then drop. One grazes Tommy's leg. (1 damage to Tommy.)

You can't see what the third is doing.

Tarag's attack finally stops the female halfling's writhing. (4 damage to Mopper [4].)

The other halfling, blinded and stunned, starts to crawl away, attempting to get out of the grease. His movement makes an opening for Tarag. (Scourer [5] crawls north, provoking AoO from Tarag. If he makes it out, still conscious, he then stands up.)

The two dogs twitch on the floor, unconscious. The girl bleeds.

Tommy...

End of Round 2

4 - Floor Mopper (Damage: 19 , prone, unconscious )
5 - Foul Scourer (Damage: 0 , prone )
To - Tommy (HP: 12 )
[/sblock]

Round 3

Fimble...

Keldar...

And then, the balcony archers...

OOG: Sorry about the delay. Forum ate my post, and then went down. =(

Need an AoO from Tarag!

Attachments

• Balcony.jpg
    Balcony.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 195

Boddynock

First Post
The other halfling, blinded and stunned, starts to crawl away, attempting to get out of the grease. His movement makes an opening for Tarag. (Scourer [5] crawls north, provoking AoO from Tarag. If he makes it out, still conscious, he then stands up.)

Need an AoO from Tarag![/i]
OOC: Rae, according to the SRD, stunned creatures can't take actions, which means, I think, that Scourer can't move off, and therefore doesn't attract an AoO. (I mean, I'll hit him if you like, but ... ;))

Next round, Tarag will cast Burning Hands on the three prone creatures.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: yes. Additionally: 4's dog is prone in the grease, but made its save against the color spray, so is otherwise fully functional; and 5, not 4, took the 1 point damage when his dog fell on him, and so 4 has taken only 18.

To cast burning hands and catch 4, 5 and their dogs without also hitting friendlies, Tarag will need to 5'-step to B2 (and drop or put away his morningstar to cast). But anyway, the resolution of that action is a long way off.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: it's only a little pillar. I'm sure it'd work.

Don't forget that trying to coup-de-grace from Tarag's present position in B3 will incur an AoO from dog 4... though it's unlikely to hit, even if it does get to its feet.

Rae, Rae, update. I'm getting twitchy and telling people their own business.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry! Stepped away for a few days. =P

I'll fix the above posts, but you're right about stunning.

Scourer doesn't move, and doesn't provoke AoO from Tarag. Damage is updated; 4 is still down.

One of the dogs attempts to stand up in the grease. It manages to get its footing, and then it lunges at Tarag but the grease spell makes it slip.

Tommy's spell fails to bring the dog down again.

Tommy...

Fimble...

Keldar...

4 - Floor Mopper (Damage: 18 , prone, unconscious )
5 - Foul Scourer (Damage: 1 , prone )
To - Tommy (HP: 12 )
[/sblock]

Remove ads