A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Another possibility," says Keldar, "is that those three bells and pull cords are used to signal trouble in other rooms just like this one, with their own angry halflings and ravening hounds."

"Hey, Fingers, are there any shields in those weapon racks? And would you feel happier in a chain shirt?"

Boddynock

First Post
"A communication device with the other rooms would certainly explain why there's no pull-cord for A, such as would be needed if it were to disarm the traps at those areas."

Trouvere

Explorer
"One jangle for 'all is well', two for 'send help here', three for 'seal the exits'... or a dozen other possibilities. More if the cords are meant to be pulled in combination. It's extremely inconsiderate of them not to have left us their signal book," Keldar complains.

"Well, we could stand around pondering it all night, but that would be the worst of our choices. If I see a hornet nest, I'm tempted to hit it with a stick and run fast. But if I should find myself in a hornet's nest, I'd be on my best behaviour. I still think we should leave by the quickest route, and pay them a visit later on our own terms."

"And with that in mind, I think I'll help myself to a chain shirt too. Room in the sack, Tarag?"

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"There is. In fact, I don't see why we should leave these here for the benefit of our enemies."

With that, Tarag begins to stow whole sets of armour in his magical Haversack.

OOC: Rae, is any of the armour MW in quality?

For preference, Tarag will take small chain shirts. At 12.5 lb each, he can carry 4 of them, along with Trouvere's medium chain shirt, in the central portion of his Haversack. Otherwise, he'll take a selection of the most valuable pieces.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Fingers nods and eagerly grabs a chain shirt and shield for himself.

None of the equipment in here is of masterwork quality.
OOC: "Grabs" being, of course, a relative term. :lol:

"Here, lad, let's have a look at that."

Tarag will jury-rig a fastening which makes it easier for Fingers to secure the shield, if necessary.

OOC: With a +14 bonus in Craft (Armorsmith), I guess that's a reasonable action?

Trouvere

Explorer
"There you go, then, er, lad," Keldar says to Fingers. "You're a bit safer, and if you have to, you can bash someone in the head with it." He tries not to look in doubt as to whether Fingers knows what he's doing with a shield. "Why not take two? One for warding and one for bashing. It's not like you're doing anything else with your ha... Ah. Hmm. Take the lantern, Fimble!"

"Maybe we should stuff the armour Tarag can't take down the latrine. Or is that petty? I just can't tell."

OOC: We also have the halflings' MW chain shirt, MW dwarven waraxe (4 lb) and at least one MW hand axe (1.5 lb). Keldar can carry another 14 lb before entering medium load.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Um, is that just wishful thinking, Trouvere? :erm: I can't find any reference to the details of the halflings' equipment.

At any rate, Tarag's loathe to put sharp things in the Haversack, but he'll happily put the MW chain shirt in there. Actually, that would fit in one of the side pockets, since they hold up to 20 lb each (or 2 cubic feet, which I think should be ample for a chain shirt, particularly a small one).

Remove ads