A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"He is," Keldar agrees, wobbling on his own feet. "It's a very long way to, uh, Mebidaria, where we're headed."

"Listen, some friends of ours might be popping by later. They spent the night in Fallon, but we thought we'd be clever and go marching ahead through the night. More fool us, as it turns out. Do us a favour, and don't let them roust us up from our beauty sleep. They'd never let us live- live it down. Just tell them you saw us, heading straight on to, uh, Mondiberia, striding manfully, still looking fresh as daisies. We have been faster than them so far, so we'll catch up with them later on, no doubt."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The innkeeper chuckles, not really understanding. "Fine, fine, get you to bed! In the back, all the rooms are vacant, one bed per door, it's all yours. Five copper for the night, er, and today, and I cook a mean mess of egg in the morning. Sound agreeable? Good, go on now, you folks look a tired lot."

Despite your grim forecasts, the night passes uneventfully, and you take your eggs with bread the next day.

OOC: Feel free to fill the time in between IC. Let's get a plan together and move forward; after reading through Sojourn I'm not in the mood for dilly dallying. =P

Trouvere

Explorer
"It looks like they decided to sleep in too," says Keldar. "But let's not linger longer than we need to, though."

"Ah, Tommy, I nearly forgot. I bought you a present yesterday." Keldar pulls out his spell scroll. "It's the spell of... mage's horror!" Keldar tries to imbue this with all the grandeur it deserves. "It must be a good one - they had more copies of it on the stacks than anything else. And it came with a free silk handkerchief!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"That's fine. I find effusive expressions of appreciation a little embarrassing anyway," says Keldar. He spoonfeeds the crippled thief.

covaithe

Explorer
"Er, mage's horror? I don't think I've heard of that one," Tommy says, taking the scroll carefully from Keldar. "It must be very special," he adds, seeing Keldar's obvious pride.

After finishing his meal, Tommy looks longingly at the stairs toward the bedrooms. With a sigh, he turns away and addresses the team in hushed tones. "So where do we go from here? I mean, to bed, yes; I'm very tired. But after that, what do we do? We know that Vlad Turket is party to the Archaeologist plot, and that implicates the Dorns, since he is related to them. But it's not really proof, is it? We can't really go to the authorities with what we have now. Well, maybe Fingers could. Should we explore the tunnels more, and see whose mansions have secret back doors?"

[sblock=ooc]Trouvere, what's the scroll? I think you told me once, but I can't remember. :-S [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"I expect they don't sell that spell to just anyone. I probably impressed the assistant with my confident demeanour and that certain chilly tea forgets to wobble possessed by those gifted with sorcerous powers."

Keldar nods sagely, unaware of his merciless butchering of the ancient and noble draconic tongue.

Keldar lowers his voice too. "Well, I say we head out east right now, making sure we're noticed. Wave and smile, sing a bit, talk a lot about Berrymaria or wherever it is. Then as soon as we're out of sight, we turn off the road, double back around. Fin- Shields, you'll tell us every last scrap you know about these Archaeologists, then you can decide what you're doing next. We can set you up with a bit of money and some supplies. Orussus is nice at this time of year. Make your way to the Red Dragon, that's my suggestion. Tell Joe - he's the owner - that you know Keldar Warbray, and the drinks will be on the house! Or if that's too big a step, you can come back into Fallon with us. Because we're not leaving. It sure would be nice if we could sneak back in unnoticed by anyone, though."

"Let's give Turkey and his friends a few days to figure out we went to Maribendia, and drop their guard, and then, yes, we'll go back into the tunnels. We can raid them from here, vanish, raid them from there. Take some prisoners, maybe. We'll keep them off balance, until they don't know what's going to happen next, and the ones that are left will be turning themselves in to the guard."[sblock=Draconic]Je ne sais quoi[/sblock]

Remove ads