A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy tosses the silver piece in the general direction of the urchin and follows, muttering under his breath about bards and their so-called communication skills.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes, hope," muses Keldar. "It turns the meanest beggar into a rich man, and a rich man into a king."

"If dangling from a cliff-ledge,
You must cling to the hope,
That the only thing to tumble down
Will be a length of rope!

Or if you meet a princess,
You should woo her in the hope
That when the king forbids she marry,
She'll beg you to elope!

And every friend of Galwynn
Holds keenly to the hope,
That before the smell overcomes them,
He'll learn the use of soap!"​
"I suppose sometimes hope just isn't enough," he ends sadly.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=to the players of this thread]

I just have to tell you all how greatly humored I am to read the interaction between the playres and characters! At times I laugh so hard that tears happen, others I end up coughing so hard I get a head ache...

for example: the hope rhyme that was just posted brought coughing spasums along the laughter!!!
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The urchin grabs the coin eagerly and skitters away, turning around several times and nodding thanks to Tommy.

The gang walks off in the general direction of the Clerk's District. In the District they pass several guildhouses, the most notable being the Blacksmith's Guildhouse. It's one of the only buildings in this district that's made of stone. After asking around, they easily find the Constructor's Guildhouse.

It looks remarkably new, as though it were built just this year. The architecture is, perhaps unexpectedly, extremely modern. It, like most buildings in this area, is made of wood. In the minimalistic style of recent Orussian architectural trends, the front doors are not extravagant or huge, rather they are just tall enough to permit a large human entry, and basically simple, beveled cuts of wood. On the right is a several story high tower with a peaked roof, but the rest is one story, and it looks like there's a courtyard inside.

Entering the doors you find yourselves in a windowed hallway the stretches left and right. Straight ahead are doors similar to those you just came through. Through the windows, you can see that there is indeed a courtyard in the center of the Guildhouse. It has a few wooden benches and only grass, no shrubs. The only shade is that provided by the Guildhouse itself.

Sitting by the door is a young man wearing a brown robe. He stands as you enter and greets you, "Welcome, m'lords and lady, to the Constructor's Guild. What services may I render you this day?"

Wik

First Post
Galwynn grumbles at Keldar's rhyme, and then looks up to the sky. "Can I hit him? please?"

Muttering something underneath his breath to the effect of "Paladin Vows always getting in the stupid way", Galwynn is completely unfazed by the architecture, barely noticing a thing.

He looks at the robed man, and simply says "We have some questions about your guild, and some of the membership, we'd like to ask you about. If I were you, I'd run and grab someone you don't like to do the answering... the rogue here isn't something I'd wish upon a friend."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar blinks. "Vogue, he said vogue - and I think it's quite presumptuous of him to pass judgement on the style of your building. I think it's quite lovely."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The robed man blinks twice at Galwynn, then turns to Keldar and speaks amiably. "The Guild thanks you for your compliments, m'lord. This is the one-hundred-and-seventy-second Constructor's Guildhouse, erected this year in the most contemporary design by our Archmaster Hubert. I can answer any questions you have about the Guild, and I can direct you to our resident Clerk for inquiries relating to our current membership."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar takes a deliberate step in front of Galwynn, beaming. "One hundred and seventy second! My word, you must have been building guildhouses for centuries! Definitely the right idea to keep your headquarters in the latest style - I bet the guildhouses in the other cities are fusty old boxes full of cobwebs – especially the ones in Rivenblight and Fallon! Actually, that's why we're here – we wanted an expert in Fallonese architecture for a… a little project we've been thinking of lately, without the trouble of going all the way there. Perhaps the clerk could tell us your best man for the job, or perhaps a name would spring to your own mind?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Fallonese architecture is most advanced, though rather narrow in scope. I am curious as to what project you have in mind, but I do not wish to waste your time. I'm afraid I can't be of assistance in finding you a master for hire, but come right this way and the Clerk will help you."

He leads you to the right, down the hall. Through a simple wooden door, you find a simply furnished room. There are two bookshelves, a desk with a chair, and two chairs opposite the desk. Large windows on two of the sides of the room display the courtyard. In the desk chair sits a man, leaning back as he reads a book.

Noticing you, he takes off his spectacles and sets down his book. The young robed man explains the situation: "Sir, these gentle people seek an architect well versed in the Fallonese methods." With a bow, your guide leaves the room.

The Clerk smiles and says, "Fallonese, hmm? Would you prefer a native Fallon citizen, trained in the City of Falls? Or perhaps you're interested in an outsider's perspective; I can't imagine someone actually needing to build those tiny hovels in the rock they call houses. Well, no matter, because the Orussian Constructor's Guild has only one expert in the field, and she is not a native. If you need such a designer, I can put you in contact with their Guild. It will take some time for the correspondence."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases