A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes, but from the description, I'm unclear where Turket's apartment is. Is it on the face of the canyon overlooking the chasm, or off a tunnel dug deep back into the rock?[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[Sblock=OOC]Dug back, into the rock. I screwed up my initial description of it, saying that you went up some stairs. That doesn't make sense. What I was envisioning was a somewhat long trek from the lift, into some seedier, less central areas.

So yes, Turket's place is basically as far back as you can go.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Far enough," says Keldar as Gyllet comes into view. "Don't really need to go all the way to the door, do we? Anyhow, I got too much water in my ears as a child, you see?"

"So, let's figure out the quickest way out from here."[sblock=OOC]We want to find the shortest, most direct way from Turket's street to one of the bridges spanning the chasm, or to any place that's open to the cliff.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Though it takes some time to walk from the lift to Gyllet, caverns lining the chasm walls are relatively shallow. At no point during the trek are you more than a block or two from the edge of the chasm, at least on this level. The light from the city below helps to illuminate the poorly lit cavern streets some, and in spite of the vandalism and poor maintenance here, a few magical flames still burn on in several of the lanterns.

Turket's house is about as far back into the chasm wall as you can get. That is, all the way at the end of Gyllet, which a side street off of an unnamed "main corridor" that more or less runs the entire perimeter of the cavern on this level, referred to colloquially (Fimble informs you) as "40th Main".

40th Main tends to butt right up against the chasm itself, and Gyllet is about 300 feet long. So the fastest way from Turket's front door to the chasm is a 300 foot run up Gyllet to Main, then a short hop over the rail on the edge of Main, followed by an approximately 400' plummet to the ground below.

Trouvere

Explorer
"It's less than a minute's walk, for sure. Here should do, don't you think?" says Keldar, peering out over the balcony. "Let's collect the others and do this."

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: In the interests of moving things along, IC:

Tommy and Keldar find Fimble and Tarag waiting in the alley, and everyone heads for the lifts.

"We walked from near his door back to Main Street in under a minute," says Keldar. "Keep that in mind!"

As the lift heads up, Keldar finds the notorious copper wire in his spell pouch and fumbles with it. He points a finger at Tarag. His lips move soundlessly. "
Silent Wolf to Wartytoad; Wartytoad, this is Silent Wolf, can you hear me?
"

Fimble casts similarly, pointing spread fingers at each member of the party at once. "Hello! Just whisper back!" his voice says right beside everyone's ear, rather than from down by their knees. He gives Tommy an apologetic look, since he certainly knows this.[sblock=OOC]With these two castings of message, Keldar and Tarag can converse for 10 minutes, and everyone can talk with Fimble for 50 minutes.[sblock=Fimble's spells]5/5/4/3
0 Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mending, Mending, Message
1 Silent Image, Charm Person, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Unseen Servant
2 Hypnotic Pattern, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Rope Trick
3 Invisibility Sphere, Invisibility Sphere, Major Image[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads