A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy nods, and, moving out of the invisibility sphere, motions Fimble to stay put and keep up the illusion. He follows Keldar toward the door, a pace back.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Inside the nearest room is nothing special. A simple guest room: bed, chair, desk, and the like. The other rooms are similar, except one which is apparently a study of sorts. A brief perusal of the books and papers reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

The door down the hall, slightly ajar, leads to a larger bedroom with a large bed, a fireplace, and a window to the outside. There doesn't seem to be anything up here.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar lifts his hat momentarily to regain his normal appearance, sheathes his weapons, and irritably slaps the silence-basket closed.

"He's not home," he whispers. "Let's go! But I do want to check his kitchen to see whether he has any fresh food in." He lifts the lid again, with an apologetic nod to Tommy.[sblock=OOC]I suppose once someone has left an Invisibility Sphere, they can no longer see the remaining participants.
a window to the outside.
Hmm? :confused:[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The kitchen is clean, but the cabinets are well stocked with fresh food. The cellar door seems to be barred from the inside.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes. Although Turket's house is set into the cavern wall, the front door, some windows beside it, and a window above it, along with some decorative stone carving, create a sort of "house front" facade. The window above the door looks into the master bedroom upstairs.

Is there perhaps a contradiction in my descriptions? I apologize.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar flaps his hand next to his mouth to indicate the desire to whisper.

"There's no stale food, so he's not out of town," he says. "I say we wait for him to come home from his night of nefarious wrongdoing. You might want to close up that hole in the wall, Wartytoad. But first, let me just see if we can open the front door from inside. We wouldn't want to get trapped in Turkey's house a second time."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The front door has a nice lock that can be locked and unlocked easily from the inside, but requires a key from the outside. There is also a bar, which cannot be removed from the outside. There's nothing terribly tricky about the door, so you don't anticipate problems with opening it from the inside.

OOC: If you do decide to hang out, please indicate exactly what you'll be doing, where you'll be stationed, that sort of thing. If you need a nicer description of an area, just ask.

Trouvere

Explorer
Fimble, who until now has been doing nothing but concentrating hard, takes charge. He mutters a few words to dismiss his invisibility spell, upon which he and Tarag reappear in the others' sight. At the same moment, his illusionary wall vanishes.

"Close up that gap!" he whispers. While Tarag busies himself with that, Fimble retrieves a rope from the dwarf's haversack. "My height, then half my height again, easy to measure," he comments as he begins to cut a five foot length with his tiny silver dagger.

Keldar frowns at the misuse of his property until he recalls that he can mend such petty damages these days, then frowns more at the tiny toy weapon's ineffectiveness. He cuts the rope for Fimble with one of his own daggers.

"I'll be right back," he whispers. He stands with head cocked on one side in contemplation for a few seconds, then shifts into a rather convincing facsimile of Vlad Turket as he looked on the evening the Keldarites first encountered him. Leaving the door ajar, he pops outside to see how good the restoration of the wall is. If there are noticeable blemishes, he does his best to obscure them using his new mighty sorcerous ability to shape the world as he sees fit. Back inside, he repeats the job on the interior wall.

Meanwhile, Fimble has placed the short rope on the floor a little way in front of the cellar door. With dextrous fingers, he twists a strip of parchment into a loop and sprinkles fine powder over it while muttering incantations. The rope springs to attention. Fimble climbs it, vanishing bit by bit as he reaches the top.

After a few seconds, his head pops back out of nowhere. "Hurry up, and don't leave anything behind!" he whispers.[sblock=OOC]Keldar's frivolous Disguise check 1d20+4+10=27. Keldar uses his second and last cantrip of the day to cast Prestidigitation. Fimble casts Rope Trick (duration, 5 hours).[sblock=Fimble's spells]0 Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mending, Mending, Message
1 Silent Image, Charm Person, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Unseen Servant
2 Hypnotic Pattern, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Rope Trick
3 Invisibility Sphere, Invisibility Sphere, Major Image[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOG]I hate to say this, but is everybody still on board for this? We've been moving at a snail's pace for months, I feel like I'm dragging weights here. Maybe it's time for a reassessment of goals.

What do you guys want? More combat? More skill checks? More railroading? I've intentionally kept it RP-centric, investigative, and open-ended, because I thought that's what we wanted, but if nobody's interested in the game anymore, serious changes can and should be made.

What are you all thinking?[/sblock]
Fimble pokes his head out again. "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm not going anywhere, but ack, it has been painfully slow. We crafted those items in real time, and possibly slower, and that was back at the end of October!

I'm very aware of the tendency for the game to become The Keldar Show, but when I stop posting, nothing happens at all. Surely it can't be that hard to find 5 minutes a day, most days, to keep things ticking over!?

Anyway, I don't have any preference for combat over RP over skill use over anything else. The party is certainly doing something proactive right now, or trying to, so I think we should just see how that works out and where it takes us.[/sblock]Keldar walks once around Fimble's floating head, and passes a hand through the air above it. One of the advantages of borrowing someone else's countenance is that it's more difficult for your friends to see how disconcerted you are. At last, he shrugs. He crouches beneath the end of the rope, stands up, and half climbs, half hops up out of view.

Remove ads