A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I don't believe saving a few hours (or possibly not, if events higher in the initiative order make a posting irrelevant) is worth the loss of cooperative team potential, and Tarag's full potential. I'd rather have a good fight than a marginally quicker one, in a game that's going to last months and months anyway.

If you pre-post actions that include a move to a new square, there's a good chance someone will have to say 'sorry, that's right where my guy was going to already be', in which case no time is saved. Worse, to avoid requiring the confusion of a re-write, they might feel some pressure to do something else, on the basis of actions that haven't happened yet, which is ludicrous (and in an opening round worse than that, if other PCs have spent resources to increase their chances of acting first).
But if you pre-post a turn without including any movement in order to avoid the above problems, then you're only using a fraction of your available actions, which is horribly unoptimal.
Whether you don't post a move (because you don't want to make one, or you can't know where you can move), or you do and pick a square that won't be occupied, you're still giving up the chance to do anything in response to earlier events in the round.

In the present situation - and of course it may not be true if Turket has any more sneaky tricks up his sleeve - Turket can just alternate between O1 and P2, forcing Keldar to run back and forth between N1 and P3 to get one single sneak attack per round (+10, 2d6+3 is better than +6/+6, 1d6+3/1d6+1 when facing unspecified DR 5, but +8/+8, 2d6+3/2d6+1 would be a lot better than that). Fimble's being foolhardy enough to occupy the corner of the room, from which we'd otherwise never extricate him. Blocking off P2, which contains the cellar doorway too, after all, forces Turket to stay in TWF SA flank or else move away from the walls, where in most possible continuations his position quickly deteriorates. I think that's obvious with a glance at a map with everyone in their most up to date positions.

If it seems that there's a better option than just trying to keep Turket flanked by the guy who, faute de mieux, has our best melee damage potential (though his +1d6 sneak attack doesn't quite match Galwynn's base weapon damage, and a real Rogue would be adding +3d6 by now), start yelling out IC. "Clear! Spell coming!" as a free action works just fine to get everyone to use withdraw actions before Tarag drops Burning Hands, Fimble drops Glitterdust, or Tommy drops Grease. But at this point we haven't even seen Turket make a melee attack. So, you know. We could actually take delivery of our own buttocks before we start panicking.

And after having typed all that, I'll find out he gets dropped by Tommy's 13 HP Magic Missile damage.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble's feeble stab at Turket is easily dodged. Tarag's second swing is scoffed at.

Tommy's magical missiles zip through the air and pelt Turket hard in the chest. He staggers back, the wind knocked out of him, but does not fall. His chest now bearing burns from Tommy's arcane fire and blood drawn by Keldar's rapier, he says, with a grim smile, "So, they bite!"

Round 2.

Keldar...

[sblock=OOC]Keldar's hit from earlier did damage. Tarag's hit in round 2 will do damage, though it barely beat his AC.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: if the rule is that making an attack as an AoO breaks concentration, then Fimble wouldn't take one. Keldar's action for round 2 is in 969. Tarag's round 2 action is in 959 and his AoO in 968.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, I was waiting for Keldar, I didn't realize he had already gone. I must have glossed over 973. Apologies!

Turket, caught in the center of the four of you, decides he'd rather be in another place, and skates away, hopping between Tarag and Fimble and heading towards the door along the wall. (AoO's from everybody holding a melee weapon, so Tarag and Keldar.)

Attachments

• turket_one.jpg
    turket_one.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 92

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Turket's turn is not finished yet, but he might be interrupted by AoO's, so let's resolve those before I move on.

Side note: I propose we say, at the end of each post, "Waiting on DM" or "Waiting on Tommy". That way, we know who should be responding to move things along.

Waiting on Tarag and Keldar.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Wincing from Keldar's sharp stab, Turket manages to leap away. Spinning about halfway across the room, he hurls something at you. As the object flies through the air, you catch a glimpse of its red color and round shape before...

BOOM!

An explosion of fire and chaos erupts as the tiny red ball collides with the floor at Tarag's feet.

OOC: Fireball. Take 14 damage, reflex save DC14 for half.

Waiting on Tarag, Tommy, Fimble, and Keldar

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases